FIFTY-EIGHT

Spending the whole day with Rudy wasn't really how she thought her day would go. She wasn't even expecting last night to happen, but it did and Hailey felt like she was on cloud nine. She didn't think she'd be feeling like this so soon since it had only been a month since she and Ben broke up, but a part of her always knew this was coming.

     Rudy really was trying this time around, it only took him two failed attempts to realize that he had it al wrong. Hailey just needed him to prove that he really did love her, and all day he'd been doing just that. He woke up extra early, got her flowers and made her breakfast in bed. He took her out for a small walk before taking her to a nice restaurant for dinner, nothing too fancy though because he knows she doesn't like that.

     He was walking her up to her apartment at the end of their full day together, her hand grasped tightly in his. Some part of Hailey was feeling that she had given into him so soon but she's wanted this for so long that she just didn't care anymore.

     "You wanna come in?" she asks as they reach her door. "We can watch a movie, your pick this time."

"As long as it's not another romcom then i'd love to."

"You don't have to be so rude about it." she mocks, unlocking her door and taking her jacket off.

"Can we talk first?" Rudy asks, still standing by her front door.

"What about?"

"You never told me how you felt about today."

     The boy smiles sheepishly at her, causing a large grin to form on her face as she walks back to him, wrapping her hands around his neck.

     "Which part of it? Where you woke me up with flowers and breakfast? Or when you took me to dinner?" she acted oblivious for a minute before pressing her lips to his in a short peck. "Because it was all perfect."

"I'm glad you loved it." he kisses her again, a little longer this time.

"So what are we watching?"

hello miss chase

hello bennito dorrito

stop it.

never!
to what do i owe this pleasure

your new boyfriend

not my boyfriend

yet!

whatever

the man got you flowers, sound a little more
excited will you?
i never got you flowers

why're you dissing yourself rn?

oh shut up and tell me about your date

well
it's not over yet

what?

as in he's still here

where exactly is here?

my apartment?

hailey chase you dog!

oh my god it's not like that!

mhm of course it isn't

ben!

isn't it weird you're texting your ex boyfriend
while your soon to be boyfriend is right next
to you?

no because i'm texting my FRIEND
ru knows we still talk anyway

well i won't interrupt any further
have fun ;)

stop it!

never.
user protection!

AN: ben and hailey are besties and that's the tea!

anyways: my updating is so shitty recently but i've been feeling a little under the weather + finals are in a couple weeks so my life sucks rn lmao

on a brighter note! i hope you're all having a great day, stay safe! xx