↳ chapter two

BEAU KAREV𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2"EPISODE ONE"

BEAU KAREV
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2
"EPISODE ONE"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

   I couldn't stress enough about how much I hated school. They said senior year was supposed to be the time of your life, but it wasn't, it really wasn't. Of course my friends made it bearable for me, though they hated it as much as I did and could care less. But senior year, it wasn't it. I had a fun time out of school, but definitely not in school.

   As if school itself wasn't bad enough, we had the order caps and gowns so early and I've submitted my order over five times and the company still didn't have my order. Dropping out had been heavily on my mind lately. But I'd be killed by my parents if I ever did. My friends would too.

   I guess I did lie, I did have friends. There were five of us. We all just got closer this year, it was awesome. The group of consisted of me, obviously, Presley, who was seventeen like me, but with a late birthday. She had always been popular but after being treated so poorly, and me always being there for her, she left her friends and became closer to me. She was a lot happier, I could tell, and it was amazing. She was my best friend and I loved her deeply. She had been through so much and deserved nothing but good in the world.

   Next there was Wade, who happened to be Presley's cousin. He worked on a farm, came to school smelling the shit most of the time, but he was funny. He was a bigger guy so he always made jokes about his weight before anyone else could make fun of him first. He was sort of annoying at times, but what boys weren't?

   Then there's Peyton. He was the stupidest of all stupid, literally. He called me Karev, knowing him, he probably forgot I even had a first name. He spent his time shoving me into lockers, throwing his heavy book bag at me, ramming his hips into mine just so I could run into random people in the hall, and pushing me down the stairs. He was the master of inappropriate dirty jokes and making little kids cry, and of making no sense at all. He was dumb, if I had to say it, but he was such a character. He didn't do well in school, copying all of my answers, but when it came to cars, or welding, or firefighting—which he did on the side—he was a genius. He was a good guy. You just needed to get to know him. 

   Lastly, there's Hayes. Oh, Hayes. We were good friends. Neighbors too. Like a minute down the road from my house, across the street. There were no other houses in between us, but an old cemetery that sat beside my house, in front of his house. I liked him, a lot. I always have. Since we started high school in seventh grade. We liked each other then, however he started to date my best friend and we all grew apart, but now since we all started hanging out again, my feelings came back. I'm sure he knew, but only wanted to be friends. And I was okay with that.

Ironically, we all parked together in the schools torn up parking lot that had many potholes and loose gravel. I was at the end of the row with my little awesome run down 1995 Jeep Cherokee that used to be my dad's five years ago. It was dark green, lifted, and loud as hell. Beside me was Presley, in a 1987 dodge charger. It was sweet if I do say so myself. Then, it was Peyton, Hayes and Wade, in that exact order too. All of them ironically drove newer Chevy Cobalt's, Hayes's white, and the other two a dark blue. However, a light was on the top of Peyton's incase he needed to get to the fire station. We all stuck together.