Chap. 2: I Wish

(from left to right) Linda, Wesley, & Anastasia "Ana" •

In the highest tower of Langton Manor Wesley lays on his queen sized bed flipping through dirty magazines he stashes in his not-so-secret hiding place under the bed. The nineteen-and a-half-year-old licks his chops as his ocean blue eyes glisten at the pages before him. Hidden under his blue jeans, Wesley feels his member harden.

   Wesley places the exotic magazine to the side. Quickly, he undoes his belt and unbuttons his jeans. His right hand dives into his pants, finding their way under his underwear to his growing erection. Immediately at his own touch, the young man throws his head back.

             "Ew! Gross!" The familiar, baby like tone makes Wesley freeze.

                   The young man frantically looks around his circular room until he sees his younger sister, Anastasia, at the stairwell with her hands covering her eyes. With pink cheeks of embarrassment, Wesley quickly takes his hands out of his pants and begins to buckle his belt. Anger boils in his stomach.

          "Don't you ever knock?" Wesley grabs a thick book from the floor and throws it at his younger sister, missing her by a few inches. "Get out of my room, you little troll!"

        Anastasia gasps, looking down at the book. "Ooo! I'm telling!"

           In a dash, Wesley chases after Anastasia as she rushes down the tower stairwell to the upstairs floor of the house. A mischievous smile dances on her freshly painted pink lips glisten in the lighting. Anastasia flies out the tower door and makes a sharp turn into the hallway. Wesley crashes into the wall, falling to the floor groaning.

            "Mom! He's touching himself again!" Anastasia shouts as she hurries through the upstairs hallway, her ponytail flopping as she flies past each room in search for her mother.

          "Shut up, you little dweep!" Wesley quickly scrambles to his feet, dashing at high speed to catch up with his sister.

          "What is going on?" Linda, their mother and Charles's wife, steps out of the master bedroom while putting on her favorite earrings.

            The two siblings suddenly run in circles around their mother, causing her to become dizzy. Linda stumbles and grabs at the wall for support, holding her head. Anastasia bolts down the stairwell to the bottom floor of the house. Wesley glares in the direction his younger sister had disappeared to.

             "I wish I was an only child." He wishes through gritted teeth.

            "No, you don't." Linda looks up at her son with a frown, "She may annoy you, but Ana is still your little sister."

              "Wesley rolls his eyes with a scoff. "I never have any privacy! I'm twenty years old, Mom! I should get my own privacy."

               "Saturday is your birthday." Linda nods to him, "You're not twenty yet."

               "Whatever." The young man rolls his ocean blue eyes at his mother, starting towards the tower once again.

            "Hey! No!" Linda snaps her fingers at her son, motioning towards the stairwell that leads downstairs. "Go downstairs and welcome the relatives. Harold said dinner was almost ready to be served."

           "God, can't I just eat in my room—" He stomps his foot, whining.

             "No!" Linda says sharply, giving her son a firm look. Her hazel eyes shine in the lighting. "You are eating downstairs in the dining room with the rest of the family."

            "I hate our family!" He pouts his lip.

            "I do too, but life is hell so we get over it." The middle aged woman shrugs, walking back into her bedroom to spray her sweet perfume on.

          "If I have to hear Aunt Viv complain about how if she wanted salad, spaghetti, and wine, she should have went to Olive Garden—" Wesley spreads his arms open wide, his blue eyes full of dread. "I'm going to go ballistic!"

Hey readers! What do you think will happen at dinner? Will be a quiet event or go terribly wrong? Also, think of this: Katie is 19 years old in the present story and Wesley/Lane is 19 & 1/2 in this story. If I had started this story with the two lovers (Wesley aka Lane & Katie) being the same age, would the story be different? Would the characters interact differently than the do in the present timeline?  If so, explain how. Does that 16 year age gap really make a difference? Give me your thoughts on the chapter and the age gap difference. Have a wonderful day my Lovlies ❤️🙏🏼