Case2: Why Not Piper?

We have established that Cappy was only in the movie for purposes of a love interest. However there was a possibility for a different character or two to be love interests.
Well, first of all, Fender could have easily been a love interest. The movie had already shown its support for the LGBT+ community by writing Fender's transgender discovery into the script and making his own love interest a bisexual queen. We could've also added in Rodney being a bi king.
However there was someone else right there. Piper. She had showed incredible interest in Rodney as a partner and made SURE he knew it, but he completely brushed her off. Piper practically threw herself at him.
However I love her ability to brush him off when he doesn't show interest in her, and she can continue being her badass queen self.
It's implied that Piper is younger than Fender, but I can also make the assumption that Rodney is younger than Fender. And Piper is probably a few years younger than Rodney at most. I don't see age being an issue here because she clearly doesn't go to high school (it is not mentioned during the movie although it is mentioned for Rodney).
Not only that, but Piper has a purpose outside of being a possible love interest; she drives the plot. She, along with the gang, shows Rodney how outmodes are in trouble. She also brings the city's outmodes to the gang's aide in the big fight scene.
If Cappy were to not be Rodney's love interest, she would not drive the plot one bit. Sure, she gets Rodney to Bigweld's house, but like anyone could do that. Rodney could've probably found it on some tourist map.
Cappy is quite literally useless during the movie besides being a love interest.