Chapter Three

"So what's your name?". "Bruno Bucciarati, and yours?" He Asked. "My name is y/n but you can call me n/n!" I said cheerfully. "Hmm y/n, I like that name," Bruno said smugly.

"I truly am so sorry about the vase I broke.." I hung my head and sighed. "Don't worry about it. I wasn't really going to make you pay for it but you insisted on taking me out to lunch and I couldn't deny such a pretty lady a request like that." He spoke with a smirk.

"Rude," I said. I could feel warmth in my cheeks from the embarrassment I was feeling.
He chuckles at the face I'm making.

The waiter makes his way over and drops off a menu for us and spoke kindly. "Could I start you off with anything to drink?" "Umm... I'll just take a water please" "okay one water for the lady. And for the mister?"

Bruno thought for a second and decided on cold tea. " alright I'll have those out for you right away. Take your time looking over the menu." The waiter walked away to back and I picked up the menu. "Wow, everything looks good here." I could feel the hunger growing in my stomach.

"I'm gonna go with the cappelletti. Here you look now" I handed Bruno the menu. He swiftly looked it over and called the waiter.

"Here are your drinks." The waiter places our drinks down and takes out a small leather notebook.

"Now what can I get for you?".

We order our food and make small talk.

"Thank you for lunch I had an enjoyable ti-"
Bruno was interrupted before he could finish his sentence. "BUCCIARATI!??! HALT IN THE NAME OF THE LAW! YOU ARE A WANTED CRIMINAL AND SHALL BE PUNISHED FOR YOUR CRIMES!"

In the distance, I could see a group of guards running towards us. "Uh oh we gotta go," Bruno said. He grabbed my hand and dragged me away with him.

We entered the alleyway zoomed around corners trying to avoids large boxes. After a while of running, we came to a stop. I bent over putting my hands on my knees and breathed out heavily. "Are you alright?" He asked

"Yeah, I guess so, what the hell was that about? You're a wanted criminal?" I questioned him lowering my voice at the last part.

"If you tell anyone about me I'll have to kill you. I just want you to know that." He glared at me and spoke with a harsh tone

I glared back " I have no intention of telling anyone about your little secret. What did you even do.?"

He sighed "I guess I can tell you. I'm a capo in the Italian mafia."

"girl what."

______________☽༒☽_______________

I hope you guys liked the chapter! If you guys have any recommendations for my story please don't be afraid to comment. I need feedback to become a better writer :)