N e v e r E n o u g h

2017

"The subscriber's cannot be reached, please try your call later." the operator said for the nth time.

She's now on her way home. She asked her boss to allow her to take the day off after running some errands with the bank, because she's not feeling well. Well that's partly correct, her heart was beating fast, she needed to confirm what her instinct is telling her. She doesn't know why, all she knows is that her gut feel tells her that something was really off.

She was able to reach their unit. She turned the knob only to find out that it was locked. Odd. She tries again, but to no avail. She was about to get her keys when she heard some noise inside their apartment. She glued her face to their window,
trying to see what and who is inside their apartment, but since the lights were off, she couldn't see anything.

She texted her lover, but she's not receiving any reply. She tries to call her again, but there's no luck. She tries to calm herself. Maybe her mind is just playing her. She will not do that to me, she thought. Especially when it was just a year ago since she was given the second chance.

She refused to believe her gut feel this time. It's just a gut feel, and I am not always right. But I was right every time, she claimed to herself.

Her mind is fighting with its own. She decided to go out and wait, wait for her lover to send her a text message saying that she's on her way home and that her battery was just empty that's why she did not have the means to answer her texts or call her. 

She's really hoping that this was the case. But seeing her lover walking down the street, side by side with someone else broke her heart into pieces, very tiny pieces that no glue or string could ever make it whole again.

She was devastated. What have I done wrong this time, she asked. What's with her that I do not have? How could she do that, for the second time around? These are the questions that filled her mind. She could not think of any answers to that.

She walks back to their unit. She thought that it's raining, but it is not. It was her tears. She did not notice that her eyes began to tear up. She could not bear the pain of being cheated again. I was so ready to forget everything, to just leave everything in the past, but how could she do that?

The knob was twisted and turned, it was her lover, the girl who captured her eyes, mind, body and soul. The only girl that made her believe that love is the greatest thing in the world.

Their eyes met. Her eyes was swollen, but it didn't miss to see the guilt in her lover's eyes. She knows that she knows. I already know.

Her lover walks to her. She lower herself and sits like that of a mother who's willing to do everything just to make her child stops in crying.

She held her hand and squeezed it tightly. It warms her heart, but she knows it's the end.
She couldn't bear the pain, it was her second major heartbreak. Once was her, and the second is her.

Her lover kissed her and without a word she left her. Heartbroken. Devastated. Never be the same again.

2020

ROSÉ'S POV

"Congratulations Rosé! Your profile has been approved!" She jumps in happiness the moment she saw the email notification she received from one of the online platform she has applied to. My break has finally come, she thought.

She's been struggling with money for some time now. The kind of lifestyle that she lived for the past three years has taking its toll on her.

Too many bills, too many debts.
More credit companies were calling her asking her when she will be able to pay them. She could not answer them, cos she has none. So it's indeed a great joy to finally get approved in that site.