Chapter Two

Scarlet's bedroom, 5:00pm

"Why?" she choked."Why me?"

She asked from her window. The cutest,most well known guy from her grade,the one she barely knew and slightly envied,was begging HER for help. How could something even be that important?

"Because" he said,looking at the ground and dragging her out of her thoughts. 

"Because you are the only one left"

This scrambled her thoughts and she felt like she was gonna fall out of the window and for once was glad that her window faced the backyard. "What in the world do you mean?" she asked, looking him straight in the eyes. His eyes watery,like he was on the verge of a full outburst.She wanted to look away but she needed answers. She brought tears into her own eyes remembering how he would never let anyone cry,even if it was a stranger in the middle of the road. He was immediately disheartened by the look of tears on her face and she knew it was working. If he was gonna give her a slice,then she wouldn't leave him until he gave up the rest of the cake. He looked away as he murmured something she couldn't hear as he wiped the tears off his own face and gave her six words that just did it.
"I'm not allowed to tell you" 

Ryan's POV

I looked at her in the eyes with as much determination and dominance I could muster. But it was all worthless as soon as I saw her brown eyes turn a bright velvet before me.

OH NO.I'M DEAD IF SHE DOESN'T CALM DOWN, WHICH I DON'T SEE HAPPENING IN A THOUSAND YEARS AT THE MOMENT.

She jumped down from her window and landed into a position where you would stay confused for a moment and ask yourself if she's a superhero, and started running towards me.

If I don't stay calm neither will she. I gotta play my cards right or this won't end well.

By the time I'd taken a deep breath she was literally tugging at my collar and shaking me so hard that I couldn't see a thing. I tried closing my eyes and using my telepathy to send waves of warmth to her head but I just couldn't focus. Everything was just blurred out. I closed my eyes in attempt to calm myself and to not shift. Killing or hurting her especially when she's only on the first stage would not only be my death sentence, especially since she's obviously stronger than me, but she was also not ready to know what she was capable of. Especially in her backyard.

All of a sudden, she stopped, giving me courage to open one eye. Then the other. The velvet in her eyes was suddenly swarming around and go back to where to the corners of her eyes, and her cute little face started blushing as realization hit her as hard as a brick, not that she knew the whole thing. 

She let go of my collar and put her hands on her knees as she started trying to form an apology but her mind was probably clouded with so many thoughts and theories about what just happened that she could hardly speak. She looked pretty wobbly and could fall any second. I was more worried about how she was doing than to care about a stupid apology. I mean,she just went through the first stage of manifestation of her other self. I was just relieved that she was still awake and hadn't fainted. Not that she would, considering the fact that pretty strong blood flows through her.

I knelt down on the ground and rested both my knees while I sat on my heels,with her face slightly above me,she must've not realized I was sitting down, so I took a moment to study her expression. Her brows were furrowed and mouth slightly open. Her hair was covering most of it though.

"Scarlet" I called, tilting her head slightly forward to face me. It took me all my willpower to stop myself from telling her the truth. She deserved more than this. More than this house she lived in. She shouldn't have been having to get her hands dirty from building a house of her own, or living such a normal life.

I took a deep breath. "It's okay. No one was hurt, right?" 

She nodded in agreement but she still showed signs of confusion.

"But wh-what was that?" I could tell she was still on the edge of a cliff so I tried to divert her mind. That way she wouldn't be able to use those eyes of hers and fish it out of me, and she'll leave her worries there for the moment and just enjoy her last moments of being a normal girl. It was a win-win situation.

"So,what's cooking for dinner tonight?" I asked. And then another look of realization dawned on her.

"OMG MY MO-"

I covered her mouth with my hand to stop her from screaming so loud.

"Sshhh. Don't scream or we'll both be murdered by your parents" I said as I 'chuckled'.

"Right, sorry, but I think we're gonna have to end this here. I really want that spaghetti." she confessed.

I waved bye and got one last look at her as she closed her bedroom curtains. Even though she still showed worry, I was pretty sure she'd still be getting a good night's rest.

Part one accomplished.

Now for part two.

"Hello?"

________________________________

A/N

Hi! How you liking the story so far? What do you think Ryan meant by manifestation?

Today's question:-

Are you lazy?

Have a good-book day!