Chapter Two

Reunion

"Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?" Agent Hill asked as she and Adelaide exited the elevator.

"Yeah. I'm up for scaring the crap out of a ninety eight year old man. When has that ever led to problems?" Adelaide laughed nervously.

"Jarvis, can you ask Steve to come meet me by the elevator?"

When the A.I replied, Adelaide jumped slightly. "Right away, Agent Hill."

Agent Hill laughed at the woman's reaction. "You're in the army in 2015, you've never heard an A.I before?"

"Bold of you to assume the army actually spends that much money on A.I's. It's usually someone with a mic." Adelaide informed the woman.

Meanwhile on the other side of the floor, while Tony was making fun of Steve for having so many sketches of a man in his notebook, Jarvis summoned Steve.

"Captain Rogers, Agent Hill requests you meet her by the elevator."

Tony and Steve shared a look of confusion before Steve shrugged and got up from the couch, making his way to the elevator. He wondered what Hill wanted, secretly hoping that Bucky had been found and was back to his normal self... When he turned the corner, he saw Agent Hill slightly side on, talking to a woman in front of her who was turned just enough he couldn't see her face.

"Agent Hill," he greeted. the two women turned to face him. "Can I he-" he stopped dead in his tracks when got a look at the woman Agent Hill was with. He'd recognise that face anywhere. "Addie."

Adelaide wasn't sure how to react. She hadn't actually thought what she would do when she saw him. After seventy two years, what do you say? Especially when one of you is a superhero. "H-hi."

"I'll leave you guys to it." Agent Hill walked in the direction that Steve had come from, leaving the pair standing a fair distance apart, not knowing what to do.

Steve stared at her as he slowly made his way forward. She didn't look a day over twenty six. How was that even possible? In fact, she looked exactly like the last day he had saw her. Before they all shipped out, when Steve was still scrawny, Bucky and Addie took him for one last night out together, celebrating him finally getting into the army.

"James for god sakes!" Addie shouted, banging on the bathroom door. "You are a god damn man with short hair, how can it possibly take this long to get ready?!"

"I said I need a minute!" Bucky shouted back.

"You said that an hour ago James!"

Steve chuckled in his room, hearing the pair scream at each other as he clipped his suspenders to the waist band of his pants. After he did, he looked in the mirror. White dress shirt tucked into his dark blue pants, red suspenders slung over his shoulders, light brown dress shoes and a purple tie. He felt confident in his look. Smiling at his reflection, he exited his room and walked into the hallway just as Bucky finally left the bathroom. Sliding his thumbs under his suspenders, Steve posed happily.

"How do I look?" he asked confidently. Bucky immediately burst out laughing, ugly laughing, bent over struggling to stay up laughing. Adelaide slapped the mans arm, fighting back laughter herself, cracking a smile. Steve's confidence immediately disappeared.

"Oh, no, sweetie, c'mon don't pull that face." Adelaide walked over to Steve. "It's just not that kind of place that we're going to."

Steve took a look at the pair's outfits. Bucky wore his leather jacket, a white t-shirt, and what looked like light blue worker jeans to Steve. He had an obscene amount of grease in his hair. Adelaide on the other hand, she wore her hair in loose curls, falling past her shoulders, with a dark blue beret atop her head. Her shirt had a white and black horizontal stripe pattern, and it was skin tight. The sleeves left her shoulders bare, being only a couple inches of fabric wrapped around each bicep. Her pants were dark blue, matching her hat, a fabric belt holding them on her waist and accenting her hourglass figure. She wore black, thin high heels on her feet.