For A Beautiful Piece of Friendship

I didn't know how it worked, but after that conversation on the way to P.E class, me and Angelette's friendship progressed so quickly it was like it rode a donkey on the way to the high-road, then actually got on the high-road and transformed into a race car.
    We quickly moved on to the personal stage of friendship - telling stories of our past.
    This time, it was in computer technology class.
    Isn't it funny that we didn't really treat these classes as something of significance when they end up being where some of our more significant memories take place? Or maybe, it turned out to be where some of our more significant memories take place because we didn't treat these classes as something of significance? I certainly wouldn't have talked so freely in class if it was extremely important.
    Somehow, Angelette and I ended up talking about our past best friends.
    "I used to get bullied," she said. At first, I thought she was kidding, or being slightly melodramatic. I just almost haven't met anyone who's been bullied before. I knew it existed, and people have definitely been spreading awareness about the subject. I knew how scary was, and how bullies were definitely jerks. But I wasn't familiar with it, and before I met Angelette, I didn't go out of my way to know about it. Maybe that was the problem - most of us just didn't bother to know much about other people's suffers.
    "The other girls insulted me, and I was the most unpopular girl in the class. They had popular groups and clichés that if you didn't agree with, you'd become the target of the mean girls."
    "Aw, that's bad." I said, then internally winced at my response. Gah, why was I like that? I didn't know what to say. It was like the situation tackled me from behind and shouted with a that my finals were in five seconds. Trying to make up for my frankly quite pathetic statement, I added, "Those girls definitely didn't know what they were doing."
    I hoped it sounded stronger.
    "Thanks!" Angelette said cheerfully. "My other best friends dumped me for some other girls..."
    "They didn't have good taste." I replied. Was that what you should say when someone tells you about something like this? I didn't know! Gods, I needed to read more books!
    "I broke up with my ex-best-friend, too." I told her. I didn't really know why I said it. I guess I just thought that I should tell her something about me, since she told me all that about her.
    "Oh." she said. I had a sense she didn't know what to say either.
  "It's fine, it was a mutual agreement. Nothing serious." I tended to make an effort to make things look, at least to other people, better than they really were.
    "Well, your ex-best-friend had no taste either." Angelette said.
    "Eh, I guess." Truthfully, I thought it was best for us both.

    After that CT class, Angelette and I's friendships really blossomed.
    We talked about everything.
    We talked about all the amazing authors we were fans of, the books we read when we were little, and I was mind-blown that I had finally met someone who'd read the same books as me. People didn't really read English books here, so I always had this "You haven't read the books I've read, so you don't understand my pain" vibe hanging around when it came to books. Finally, finally, I'd found someone to share one of the things I love the most with!
    Everyday, after class ended, she'd come by my seat and we'd talk until class started again. Sometimes, I'd watch the light bounce off her straight caramel hair, and think that I couldn't believe this was happening to me - I had found someone who got me, at least in some aspects.