Chapter 8

"Get her away from me." Viola screamed

"Relax V. I'm not here to hurt you this time." Reign was somehow still charismatic.

Reign took in the room and noticed Tristan.

"Would ya look at that? The gang is all together. Hello boys. It's been a while Trist, how are ya?"

"Reign." Tristan turned.

Reign came to sit on Viola's bed.

"Aw." She caressed Viola's hair. Viola pulled away, disgusted.

"Now, we're not so different you and me. I didn't choose to become a vampire, you didn't choose to become a hybrid. " Reign got up.

"And by the way." She walked to the door.

"Tristan is a way better kisser." She winked and left the room.

Viola could not be more disgusted. Had she just suggested that Tristan could possibly have a chance with her? Tristan looked just as disgusted as Viola.

"Did she just come here to torment me?" She asked Henry.

"Knowing her, she wanted to see your anguish, and yeah, probably torment you." Henry replied

"Why would you even LET her?" Viola complained

"Because she is dangerous, Viola. The alternative was too risky. Did you want her to kill me?! Because that's what she was gonna do. She's evil and manipulative. She would've got in here one way or another. So, I chose the safe option. I chose to not die. Is that what you want to hear?" Henry scolded her.

"At least I have an answer." Viola added under her breath as he stormed out of the room.

"Reign is a sensitive topic." Tristan warned

"Are you both not over her yet?" Viola feared his answer. She'd grown fond of both of them and the thought of them having some sort of feelings for this evil monster was too much to bear.

"I am. I can't speak for him, Viola. She betrayed him..."

"With you." Viola finished.

"With... me." Tristan echoed

Tristan hadn't sat down much since he'd been here. He was tired and restless. How could he sleep or relax is Viola was in pain?

Viola, however, had no problem staring at the ceiling wondering about Henry and Reign's life together. How in love had they been?

Tristan and Viola sat in silence. Each of them lost in their own thoughts. Tristan was consumed by Viola and Viola was consumed by Henry and Reign.

"You know-" Tristan broke the silence. Viola's gaze shot to him, infatuated by what he could possibly say.

"Henry and Reign is something you don't have to worry about. Henry may still feel something or he may not, but Reign has no emotion at all. She could care less about him. So, you don't have to worry about them. As like, a couple or whatever."

"Um." Viola was surprised. Had Tristan just cleared the path for her and Henry? "Thanks, Tristan."

"Do you think you could help me manage being.. whatever I am? I know I'm part werewolf and I think you could help- with that part at least." Viola explained.

Tristan didn't seem the least bit surprised. All he said was

"Yes."

Viola's eyes widened. He'd said yes without hesitation. He cared about her wellbeing. He seemed to care about her. But, Henry was kind and romantic. How could she possibly choose between them? To her, it wasn't the simple choice of choosing heaven or hell.

It was choosing Tristan or Henry.