Prologue(Part - II)

Continuing From

After listening to a long lecture from her professor Sabrina went back to her room. The next day the trip came to an end and the students followed teachers to return to the states. Sabrina was in a trance throughout the return journey.

That same year Sabrina fought with Daphne, the reason being Cindy. Daphne apologized profusely, but Sabrina was adamant about rejecting. Two weeks of repeated calls annoyed her so much that she switched off her phone on the first week, and took classes off on the second week. Her mom, a working woman hardly free to have some time with her children noticed her behavior and talked with her. Finally, she accepted Daphne's apology, but their friendship was never the same.

On the other hand, the same dream of that person kept coming repeatedly. Sabrina found this even more peculiar than what she originally thought. She realized this all started with that old lady and was quickly becoming a nightmare. Her sleeping habits got affected because of it causing her insomnia for three months.

Sabrina's parents worried about her health, brought her to see doctors. She started medications for it and got better. But it never stopped coming.

In her third year, she joined a company for an internship, where she got acquainted with him, the bane of her existence. Head of the department, Azrael Limonov her immediate superior. Young and successful in his late twenties. Features like an angel, named after an Archangel but the personality of a demon. Always picking faults with her.

They met for the first time when she went for the internship interview. The first half of the interview went good but things changed in the second half when he joined. During the second half, a man wearing a black suit and of tall stature entered from the door which was behind her chair. She heard the door's opening and closing, thinking someone came to deliver snacks.

When this person entered, the two recruiters went silent. When they recovered their wits they showed an intimidated expression. They immediately stood up to greet the person, but he waved a hand to stop them. "There's no need, go and help Secretary Evan. I'll take the interview." The voice was low pitch and deep in magnitude and it carried even more authority. The people present didn't dare to disobey. They immediately gave their respective leave and went out of the room.

Sabrina heard the voice and felt like she was in that same dream. Coming out of her reverie, she was shocked to see the changes but still kept her face calm. The man moved to her front and she stood up to greet him. His eyes fell on her and he paused for a second, something flashed in his eyes and he gave a slight smirk. Seeing this smirk Sabrina got distracted for a second time.

"Found you." she heard a low whisper by her ear. For some unknown reason, her body shuddered and she came out of her daydream.

"Sorry, did you say something?" came out almost reflexively.

"No... you can have the seat." The man sat down on the chair and started studying her documents. Sabrina frowned, but composed herself and sat down. She glanced at him to check him out. His deep flawless face was like a carefully crafted masterpiece. No matter from which angle you look he looked like an evildoer with a stunning visage.

"Name." The man stopped viewing the documents and gazed at her.

"Sabrina Williams." she gave a calm response while maintaining eye contact.

"Miss Williams, you are not graduated and this  profile is not for part-time work." He leaned back in his chair, supported his chin with his left hand, and spoke like devil whispers. His whole set of actions were in a fluid motion without any hurry.

"But the article never mentioned it." She narrowed her eyes and tightened her lips.

"Sorry, we cannot hire you. Your academic records are quite good, but your degree is not complete for this post." He maintained the same posture and said 'Sorry'. But for Sabrina, he didn't felt sorry at all. It was like, he was mocking her.