Chapter 7 Familiarity

"Malfoy?"

He couldn't believe this. Having experienced his cruelty first hand, he knew Malfoy was a slimeball –but he'd never thought Malfoy would be capable of such brutality, the disgusting Slytherin he is. Because of that fateful night, Harry had doubted his classmate's lack of redemption, for Malfoy had not been able to kill Dumbledore. He had been about to make his own choice, the right one.

Malfoy seemed shaken by the scene before him. Maybe somewhere on his frozen, Stunned expression, there was regret.

Harry didn't think Malfoy attacked both the Patils, which meant that another Death Eater or two could be lurking around. It wasn't safe to linger; if the Death Eaters found them there, they'd be sitting ducks. Besides, Parvati needed medical attention now.

"Can you levitate objects yet, like people?" Harry asked Violet suddenly. She seemed surprised at first by the brisk, hard tone in his voice and shook her head. "Just say 'Locomotor' and the object you want to levitate."

After her confirming nod, Harry turned to Malfoy and Parvati. "Locomotor Parvati and Malfoy!" he said clearly, and waited for Violet to levitate Padma's body.

"What are we doing Harry? There are Death Eaters out there!"

"Aurors, too. Got a good chance that we'll run into one of the good guys. If not, we'll drop these three –Parvati gently –and fight them off, make so much noise that the Aurors can't not hear us. We're levitating people; we can't escape to Muggle London to find St. Mungo's ourselves," he added, cutting off her incoming question.

Violet bit her lip but didn't argue.

"C'mon, got to be careful." Harry walked in front of his charges and checked the street carefully. "Looks clear. Be ready to put up a Shield Charm." Harry knew that a mere Shield Charm would not stop an Unforgivable Curse, but Parvati was fading fast, and it was a risk he was willing to take.

They crept alongside the scarred brick walls, trying to stay in the shadows. It was hard trying to maneuver their charges and stay relatively hidden at the same time, but they managed.

Harry tapped on Violet's shoulder and indicated the next alleyway, hoping to cut into a different –and hopefully Death Eater free –area of Diagon alley. Once they were safely in the median, Harry took one second to turn his head to make sure Violet was okay when a large pair of hands suddenly grabbed his shoulder.

"Protego!" he shouted, sending the person rebounding into the street, where Harry got a good luck at him. He sighed in relief when the man lacked the traits of a Death Eater, though a scowl remained on his face. Still, one could never be too careful . . .

Harry raised his wand and pointed it at the man. "You a Death Eater?" he asked, allowing his eyes to scan the area for any others.

"No," the man said coldly. "You're the one with the floating bodies, little boy. You kill 'em all?"

Violet bristled in indignation, insulted. "We saved them, you dolt. Do we look like Death Eaters? Well," she sobered up a bit, "she was already dead. That one's barely alive, and the one in dark robes is a Death Eater we found at the scene. Who're you?"

"Auror," the man said warily, casually standing up.

"Prove it," Violet demanded, carefully putting down Padma's body and pointing her wand at him too.

He scowled at her, as if unable to comprehend that this insolent little girl wasn't listening to an authority, especially if they were allies. He pointed to his robes, which had the Auror crest emblazoned on it. While one hand was doing that, the other was casually drifting to his pocket –