Convoluted

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, to everyone else, here's a special holiday treat! This chapter is a compilation of every insane plot hole of this book and others explained in my own insane way.

To Peyton: First of all, you're so sweet with your kind reviews, thank you! But sadly, Changing the Future was taken down because I'm not allowed to post another person's work...for some reason. I can send you and anyone who asks the full seven books if you send me an email!

HPHPHPHP

Lily watched James pace anxiously, as she took the book from Remus, but didn't continue on. She knew he needed a release, they all needed to vent about what they'd heard before they had to hear something worse yet. So she excused herself to make sure Harry's playpen still had the silencing charm activated on it, and by the time she came back Sirius was certainly being chatty enough.

"-best guess is she would have gone to whomever her nearest bloodline was. Elves have a shorter life expectancy than us so it's usually not a problem, but if the Crouch's didn't have any immediate family than she would have most likely gone crawling to whomever she felt should be her next master by bloodline."

Harry looked up from watching him curiously to explain to his mother's confused look, "I was just asking what would have happened to Winky if she hadn't been sacked? With both of her master's gone now." He finished with a faraway gaze in his eyes, Harry seemed quite sure this was an important enough question. He shook his head though and smiled at her, then Sirius before continuing, "wouldn't Crouch have ever mentioned where she'd go? If like he'd been on his deathbed, wouldn't he get to decide?"

"Well sure," Sirius shrugged, "you can make a will to decide where it goes along with the rest of your property, and Crouch was definitely organized enough to have thought of doing that, but this is all hypothetical anyways."

Harry nodded his agreement, and glanced at his dad, but their inane chatter had not lessened his hasty steps one bit.

Lily sank into her seat, and watched him only for a moment before saying, "alright James, out with it."

Whether he'd been waiting for the opportunity or her cajoling finally burst him, he did indeed shout, "why Harry! Why the bloody hell was he involved in all of that!? I don't understand why he was so central to having to go through that!?"

Lily was flipping randomly through pages in the first chapter, that had been on her mind a lot during that Voldemort stuff, and she tried to calmly answer him without her voice shaking from the stress of constantly having to remember what all her baby went through. "That was actually mentioned already, because Voldemort wanted to use...well me as well as Harry."

Her hand started shaking too bad, and she steadied it by wrapping it around Harry again who curled into her touch.

"How did he even know that would work though," Remus shook his head in disbelief. "All he'd ever tried to do before that was strangle Harry, never cast a curse on him. Did he really understand the intricacies of you dying for him would protect him?"

"I suppose I can see it," Sirius said begrudgingly. "He'd have to wonder why Quirrell couldn't have done the deed, and sadly I won't deny he's got to be at least as smart as Dumbledore. If one can put it together, then it's safe to assume the other can as well."

Lily suddenly went ghastly pale as her hand tightened around Harry, only just able to hiss out the words, "so is Harry even safe at that bloody place anymore?"

"Lily?" Remus questioned in concern.

"The only reason Harry's at the Dursleys in the first place is because he's supposedly safe from Voldemort there, but if Voldemort can get past my magical protection, well then he shouldn't have to go back to that horrid place again."