Part 1 - 2/8/15

Right as I was about to defeat Elvag the dragon and save a princess from a flaming castle, I was awoken by a clack of thunder accompanied by rain pelting the ground relentlessly. Shooting up and out of my bed, I come to the harsh realization that today, September 12th, is indeed the first day of school after summer vacation. I rubbed the back of my disheveled head.

"Damn it"

I take a look outside, it's miserable as far as my eye can see. Summer going into Fall is always a bitter-sweet comfort. But with that, comes another year of classes. I make my way into the bathroom, brushing my teeth, combing my hair, the usual. After I rinse the last bit of mouthwash from my mouth, I head downstairs to the kitchen to see what my dad was making for breakfast.

"Hey, Champ!", my dad shouted as I turned the corner into the kitchen.

"Hey, Pops", I replied back, in my usual groggy sleepy undertone.

"Hey now, Seth, don't look so sad! It's your last year then you can do whatever you want with your life!", he tried to console me as he set a plate down next to some piping hot tea. I consume the surprisingly good food and resume my morning ritual. I head into the shower and start cleaning myself off. I begin staring outside becoming mesmerized by the weather and rhythmic sounds of the rain. A drastic change in the temperature of the water switches your focus to getting out of the bathroom. I brace myself and challenge the water and attempt to wash the soap off of my body but to no avail. Half of the soap is still present on my body; I settle to wiping it off with a towel.

I finally step out of the bathroom and ask my dad what happened to the water temperature.

"Boilers busted, sorry champ". Figures.

I grab my iPod and backpack and walk up to the bus stop. At this point, the rain becomes almost overwhelming. I start running to the bus stop as if it's going to make a difference. As I come up on my destination, I notice a slender female is present there, one that I haven't seen around previously. She's holding an umbrella and looks my way, sharply looking in the other direction as soon as we make eye contact.

"Hey, how are you?", I sputter out as I approach her.

"W-what?", she stammered. Almost shocked that someone is talking to her.

"Uh.. How are you?" I question. Confused to her stammering and awkwardness.

"O-oh, I'm good, yourself?" she asked, seeming relieved.

"I'm a little cold..", I say looking down at my clothes,".. and wet". Her eyes widen, they dart to the umbrella and back to me. She approaches cautiously and gives me a space underneath her umbrella. The rain in merciless, unavoidably the lower part of our bodies become drenched due to the recoil of the rain hitting the concrete. She apologizes.

"So.. I haven't seen you around before.. are you new here?" I ask, trying to make small talk.