They both needed a good sleep.

Tommy has been hiding under Techno's house for about a week now. The food that he got the first day was starting to running low, and some of it was already rotten. He needed to go out there and get something to eat, or he will die. But if he went out and Techno sees him, he would die too. So he needed to be quick and discret. He made a plan : listen to the footsteps and the door, to know when the piglin hybrid was out. He smiled at his « unfailable » plan. He waited for about two hours when the door finally closed. He quickly got on top of the ladder and broke the stone. No sounds.

———

Technoblade needed some gunpowder, and decided to wait for the night to come. He went down to say hello to Bob, the only cow that survived to Fundy, in his basement when he smelt a rather unpleasent scent. It's been a while since he checked his cow, as well as Moon and Hubert, his skeleton (that he didn't really liked) and his zombified piglin, both wearing a Jack 'o' lantern. So he supposed it would be their fault.

When the moon was up in the sky, he decided  it would be the time for him to go. It was just when he found a creeper, about five minutes later, that he noticed the lack of weapons. He put them in a chest when he was reading. The voices started to laugh at him as he groaned an head back to his home.

He was on the stairs to his front door when he heard something inside. No, it wasn't Edward, and it wasn't Phil (who was in l'manberg). He quietly opened the door and peeked at the source of the noise. A -very- dirty, blond boy, with a missing shoe and holes in his shirt. Also, he stank.

"Tommy ?" the older called.

Tommy eyes widend  as he let everything he holded fall onto the floor. They both stared at each other.

"I-I'm sorry-"

"Tommy, what are you doing here ? And why are you stealing my stuff ?"

"I'm sorry, I'll- I'm going to go-" the blond started before falling on the hard floor. Fortunatly, Techno was fast enough to catch him in time.

"Are you okay?"
No response. Tommy passed out in his arms.

God, he smelled bad. And he was too thin. Why was he so light ? Techno looked at the pile of stuff he tried to take. The first thing he thought it was going to be were ores, weapons, or valuable things. But no, it was only food.

He carefully put the passed out child on the floor, his back against the wall, and put his huge cape as a blanket on him.

He went to put everything back in their chests, but then something hit him. The scent. He looked around him to find a hole, probably where Tommy was hiding. That was the actual source of stench he noticed earlier.

He went down the hole, and what he saw disgusted him. Really, even the blood he had on his hands after chopping the head of an enemy was a lot more pleasent then that.

There was urine on the floor and walls, as well as vomit and the bed was in shreds. He saw a chest and decided to open it. Why did he do that.

Thhe only there was in there was rotten and half eaten. That explained a part of why he was sick. There was also a coat in it. Wilbur's coat. Techno thought it was with buried Wilbur in his grave, Tommy didn't dig just to get it, did he ? There was a compass, too.

That was all, really. Just some insects, small animals and other,... Things.

He took the compass and coat, those where the only things that belonged to Tommy. He needed to clean them, which he could do when the younger boy was sleeping.

He put some blocks back to cover the hole, and took Tommy to an actual bed, one near his fireplace.

While he went to grab the boy, Tommy said something in his sleep.