o n e// G U T S

Walkers.

Walkers, walkers, walkers.

Walkers every-fucking-where.

Someone had fired a shot and now she had to deal with the consequences of that brainless decision. She ran through the streets of Atlanta, with a pistol on her hand and a knife on the other. She shot a walker stumbling towards her back, tripping and falling down when she looked upfront, again. Cursing under her breath she got up, noticing her pistol was not in her possession, anymore. She looked around, worried, now that she didn't have her best weapon with her. Then, she spotted it. An alley. Her weapon on the floor. Shen ran towards it, having to stab and push back a few walkers on her way. She held it up and then it hit her-- It's a fucking alley and she just shot a gun in a street full of walkers. It was a suicide decision and she didn't even know it until she was living it.

Shit.

How was she going to get away from this? She certainly did not have the ammo to do so. Almost shaking, she looked around for something to save her. A dumpster? Maybe... But it was way too risky. They'd see her for sure.
"Shit!" She let her anxiety out. Fear evident on her voice.
Shooting filled the alley. Countless walkers dropping to the ground and almost instantly more climbing over those. Her pistol had to be close to no ammo but what could she do? She knew she couldn't end like this but she didn't get to choose that.
"Hey!" A voice creeped in her mind. She stepped back a little and looked up, where the voice was coming from. There was a little head peeking over the rooftop of a high building.
"Are you gonna help me or what, asshole?"
"Climb the stairs, smartass!"

Stairs?

There were stairs?

How did she not see them? Was she blind? Yellow fire escape stairs where right behind her. How did she not see it?
"I'm done saving people, today." She heard the man say.
A few walkers tried to grab her ankles on the first steps but she kicked them in the face and climbed faster and when she was close enough to the rooftop, two men helped her up. She fell on the floor, breathing heavily due to the adrenaline moment she'd just experienced and looked at the man whose head she'd seen peeking.
"Thanks."
"You're welcome." The man had a cap and very plain Asian features. "I'm Glenn, by the way." He held out his hand so she could get up on her feet. She got up on her own, ignoring Glenn's hand. "Smith." A man behind her chuckled quietly and she turned to him. "What's so funny?" The man shrugged, then held out his hand as a greeting. "Nothing. I'm Grimes." She shook his hand, narrowing her eyes at the blue eyed man. "Funny." She commented sarcastically on his sense of humor.
"Not to ruin your little moment, but we really gotta go."
Glenn ran trough the rooftop and both of Grimes and Smith followed. He stopped at the edge and looked behind.
"We gotta jump."
"What!?" Grimes and Smith exclaimed in union. She peeked down. Another alley, this one was a little less crowded by walkers but if they fell, they would be devoured. "You want us to jump to that building?"
"I-It's not that difficult, I promise. I've done it a million times. If I can do it so can you." The new people glanced at each other before looking at the more experienced one. "On the bright side- It will be the fall that kills us. I'm a glass half full kind of guy."
"Well, show me first." Glenn eyed her and nodded once, jumping right after. "Damn, he's athletic." She commented at the way the Asian jumped between buildings like she used to jump between the white bars of a crosswalk. Grimes couldn't even smirk at her comment due to the amount of fear that was building up on him at the moment.
"Now, you." Smith nodded and stood right on the edge. I survived that, please let me survive this. She begged The Universe. She jumped. Her hands felt steady on the floor. She opened her eyes to reveal Glenn's shoes. She survived. A smile filled her face, involuntarily, but it soon faded away when she looked back at the sweaty Grimes. She analysed him. He wore a sheriff uniform so there were only two possibilities-- either he was a sheriff or he'd stolen a uniform, but that didn't really make sense so she stood by the first option.
"C'mon, sheriff. Pull up those pants and jump." She advised him at how inappropriate looking those pants were, for jumping at least. The sheriff looked at her, concern evident on his face but that didn't stop him from standing right at the edge of the building. He actually pulled his pants up a little and only then did he jump. She couldn't help the smirk when he wasn't able to land in the most graceful way. He grunted and held his wrist, which had a little blood on it. Nothing much. Just skinned because of the cement surface of the rooftop.
As they ran down some round stairs Glenn talked into his walkie-talkie. "I've got two guests and four geeks in the alley." Not even giving her time to process what was going on, two shielded men came running from a door and beat down two walkers while the three of us got in the building.
"You son of a bitch, we ought to kill you!" A blonde woman points her gun to Grimes's face. "We're dead because of this stupid asshole."
"Andrea, I said back the hell off." An Hispanic looking man came closer to her until she lowered her gun and we all just stood there, looking. Grimes breathed deeply and starred daringly into the also blue eyes of the blonde one.
"We're dead. All of us..." She paused to catch her breath, tears forming in her eyes. "...because of you."
"I don't understand." Grimes finally said.
A black man soon began to walk away and explain how his group of people ended up there, completely ignoring Smith's presence, leading them into the glass doors and windows bombarded by walkers.
"Got the picture now?"
A shot echoed from above.
"Oh, was that Dixon?"
"What is that maniac doing?"
"Come on, let's go."
They proceeded to get to the roof top where a middle aged man was shooting at the walkers.
"Hey, Dixon, are you crazy?" the man's response was a laughter and it all made sense to Smith, now. The reason why he was shooting was clear now. T-Dog, they called him, made his way to the Dixon and snapped at him. The man responded in a way that both her and T-Dog knew where it was going. She walked a little closer, prepared to react by whatever his response was.
"That'll be the day. You wanna know the day? I'll tell the day, Mr. Yo. It's the day I take order from a n-."
"Mother--" The black man jumped on the white racist's ass before he could react. It didn't take longer than 4 seconds for Dixon to shove the back of his gun on T-Dog's face. Grimes tried to intervene, only to get smacked in the face and getting knocked on the ground. Every person that tried to stop him got hit first than they could react, so she had to study him, know a way she wouldn't end up like him. The man pinned T-Dog on the ground and punched him, Morales tried to intervene, unsuccessfully, and he pointed his gun at T-Dog's face.