Chapter 9: The Griever Attack

~Y/n P.O.V.~

I was walking with Chuck, late at night, to the pit. He asked me if I wanted to join him, because he was going to give Thomas some food, and I accpeted.

"Who's there?" I heard Thomas ask.

"It's just me." Chuck said. "And Y/n." He added.

"Sorry, Chuck, Y/n." He said.

"Here. You'll run better on a full stomach." Chuck handed Thomas some water and food.

As he unwrapped it, Chuck and I sat down on the ground.

Thomas nodded as he was eating, "Thanks, Chuck." He said with his mouth full.

I smiled at him, happy he looked happy.

"Hey, what do you got there?" Thomas asked Chuck, making me look over and see a carving of something in his hand.

Chuck moved his hand, as Thomas leaned closer, looking at the carving.

"Wow, that came out pretty damn good." Thomas commented. "What's that for?"

"It's for my parents." Chuck answered.

"You remember your parents?" I asked, speaking up.

I saw Thomas glance at me as I asked that. I still need to talk to him about the whole sibling thing, if we are that is.

Chuck shook his head, "No. I mean, I know I must have them. And wherever they are, I'm sure they miss me... but I can't miss them cause I don't remember them."

It stayed silent between us three, as Chuck glanced at the walls.

"What do you think you're gonna find out there tomorrow?" He asked Thomas.

Thomas shook his head, "Uh, I don't know. Hey, but, if there's a way out, Chuck, me and Minho are gonna find it."

I heard Chuck sigh, "Here." He handed Thomas his carving.

Thomas reluctantly grabbed it, "Chuck, why would you give this to me?"

"I can't remember them anyway." Chuck shrugged. "But maybe if you find a way out, you can give it to them for me. If I let you get some sleep." He stood up.

Chuck started walking away, but Thomas stopped him before he was fully gone, "Hey, Chuck. Come here."

Once Chuck made it back, he crouched down to Thomas' eye level. 

"Put out your hand." Thomas said and Chuck obeyed. And Thomas put the carving back in the boys hand. "I want you to give that to them yourself. We're gonna get out of here. All of us." He glanced at me. "Okay? I promise."

Chuck nodded, smiling slightly at him, "Okay." He muttered really quietly.

"Alright." Thomas muttered.

"Good night." Chuck said to us, glancing at me.

"Good night, buddy." Thomas said.

"Night, Chuck." I called.

I sighed, watching Chuck's figure leave. I could feel Thomas' eyes on me, making me sigh again.

"He's a good kid." Thomas spoke up.

I nodded, a small smile on my lips, "Yeah. Yeah, he is."

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked after a couple seconds.

I shrugged, "I just got a lot of stuff on my mind."

"Like what?" He asked cautiously.

I glanced up, meeting his brown eyes, "I've been... getting this dreams. Or I thought they were dreams. Ever since I've been here. For the past three years I've been having them. Every single night. And..."