not a round without romance (part 3)

Humans were simple creatures. Ask them to do anything and there's a high chance they will do the exact opposite. All humans loved to feel a sense of rebellion.

Yoo Joonghyuk was the same.

He loved the fact that he did the one thing he wasn't supposed to do. Fall in love with someone other than the heroine.

Kim Dokja's words were etched into his mind, who knows when he'll get this much freedom again?

It was too late to back down now, there was a high chance of his bug being discovered now that he had started to pursue Kim Dokja.

Yoo Joonghyuk tried his hardest to use the skills he cultivated over many rounds of this stupid dating game to woo Kim Dokja, but there was a problem.

The rat was just way too unbelievably infuriating.

Every time Yoo Joonghyuk attempted to flirt with the mob character, said mob would either brush off the attempt and change the subject or flat out ignore him until the scene was over.

If it was neither of the previous options then the two were most likely bickering.

This led to Yoo Joonghyuk going slightly out of character, going from a cold but gentle man to more forceful than before. It wasn't his fault, it was Kim Dokja's.

The two had shared plenty of sweet moments, but when trying to take it a step forward he was mercilessly shot down time and time again.

The main storyline was coming to a close and he had yet to make Kim Dokja his. It was time to be straightforward, hopefully Kim Dokja wouldn't be stupid enough to brush off a direct confession.

He may not seem like it, but Yoo Joonghyuk was a romantic. If he planned to confess, he had to do it perfectly . Merely flat out saying it to Kim Dokja's face would have been efficient, but he wanted the boy to remember the moment. That was his definition of perfect. An unforgettable experience that would make one turn red recalling.

The fair was the last event of the game before the ending. Yoo Joonghyuk planned to confess then. He already had it all planned out.

He would confess in the evening when it wasn't as crowded in order to not draw attention to themselves. He wasn't stupid enough to confess with fireworks or a big crowd around them, the slippery man would probably try and pretend to mishear or run away.

The Ferris wheel would have been a good idea, but Yoo Joonghyuk wasn't part of the scene. He was too noticeable.

In addition, the 'capture target wins booth prize for heroine' event was one of the longer events since the two had to go through the painstaking process of waiting in line, having the heroine waste all of her tries and buy more in an attempt to win, and then finally have the capture target win on his first try.

Of course, Yoo Joonghyuk had developed good methods for dealing with this type of predicament. In order to get a spot in line he just had to glare hard enough. In order to not waste time and money he just had to glare hard enough. It was simple.

It was time to put his plan to action.

Yoo Joonghyuk was thrilled. He couldn't remember the last time he had experienced something as different as this. For as long as he could remember it was the same lines and actions throughout the rounds. He used those same actions on Kim Dokja, but instead of getting all shy and blushy Kim Dokja gave him an actual challenge.

It was time to step his foot into an unknown future. Neither of them knew what would happen if Yoo Joonghyuk was successful, and both sides responded in their own ways. Whether it was to overthink everything or fully embrace the new experience they both knew that they couldn't stop this, they had come too far.