28. Boats

It was the last day of school and by now Penelope, Percy, and Oliver were on speaking terms. Penelope had a crying session with Y/n over what happened and how she needed her. Percy apologized until Y/n responded. The twins dumped a bucket of pumpkin juice on Oliver at breakfast one morning.

They all tried their damned hardest.

At the moment the four of them sat in the Ravenclaw common room with the fire lit and the sky pitch black. "How do you think the boat ride will be tomorrow?" Penelope asked while she laid in between Percys' legs and his arms wrapped around her torso.

"I forgot that we do that. Huh," Oliver seemed surprised that he forgot. "I think it'll be great!" Penelope sounded happy, upbeat like she couldn't wait to leave. "You could at least pretend to be sad about leaving" Y/n laughed a bit,

"Why? We're graduating. We all probably passed our NEWTS, Percy has his ministry position, I'm going to be a healer, Oliver is going to a reserve team, and you're going to be on one of the most amazing quidditch teams ever!" Penelope smiled, making a point of making Y/ns' quidditch future sound better than Olivers.

Percy rolled his eyes with a smile "You wouldn't get it" he told her, then rested his chin on her shoulder. "What wouldn't I get?" Penelope turned, causing Percy to take his head away.

"You're excited about the future but don't realize you have to leave everything behind. We've all had to do that already except you" Oliver told her, trying to be delicate with the topic. "Just because the future is coming doesn't mean we have to leave things" Penelope scoffed with a smile.

"You really think you're still going to be friends with everyone you're friends with now? Or you're going to have time for a social life with all the time you'll be using for healer training?" Y/n asked her with a small smile, not wanting Penelope's optimism to ever fade away.

But her smile dimmed "Oh, I guess I did" she said a bit saddened. While they all looked at her a hand came to Y/ns' shoulder "Can we talk? In private?" Y/n looked over her shoulder to meet with the face of Riley.

"Is it nessacary?" she asked, not wanting to talk to him whatsoever. Yes, he had feelings for her while she was in a relationship with someone else. Yes, he did tell her that in front of the boyfriend, so did he handle it well? No, no he did not. "I'd say it is" he tried to smile.

"I'll be back" she huffed while getting up. Olivers' eyes stayed on the two of them as they walked away, still holding a grudge towards Riley. Y/n crossed her arms and turned around when they reached the bookcases. She raised her eyebrows as to tell him to hurry up.

"I wanted to apologize. What I did wasn't the best in question and I wish he hadn't said anything. I would have never done anything to hurt you and I truly didn't mean to, we've been friends since the second year and I never wanted any of this and would've stopped it if I could have." he got out in one breath.

Y/n looked at him with her eyebrows stitched together. "Will you accept my apology?" he asked, now playing with his fingers. They'd known each other quite a long time and she couldn't remember a time where he wasn't there for her.

The expression that came across her face must have been a kinder one since Riley let out a sigh of relief "Thank you Y/n, I really am sorry" he tried a weak smile and gained a small one. "I forgive but I don't-"

"Forget. I know, it's kinda your thing. Also the third year, and the bubble gum" he laughed a little. "Okay, I forgot that one but not this" she laughed a little and started to walk away as the conversation had felt like it ended.

"Oh and Y/n" he got her attention again. "I have a friend who dorms with Percy and Oliver and the two of them aren't telling you some things. Apparently, Oliver hasn't been himself lately - like he's him but duller. He said that Oliver hasn't talked about quidditch in forever" he informed her.

Look at him, at least one of the guys in her life knows how to be mature.

When Y/n sat back down Oliver and Percy were arguing about quidditch, guess he was done with his vow of silence about quidditch. I asked Percy if he was okay even though he was a dick. "What if we had a bonfire next week?" Y/n blurted when their argument died down a bit.

Penelopes face lit up and she sat straight up, causing Percy to lurch backward in hope of not getting an uppercut from Penelope's head. "Yes, that is perfect!" she smiled wide then looked to the two others.

"We could probably do it at my place" chimed in making Penelope even happier.

---------------

Early in the morning at breakfast, it was announced Hufflepuff won the house cup this year with Slytherin in second, Gryffindor following, and Ravenclaw coming in last.

As they walked down the path to the boats Y/n and Penelope linked arms while walking with the boys behind them. "Do you still love him?" Penelope asked her out of the blue. Yes, yes I do but I can't tell you that because it'll fuck it all up. Oh whatever, everything's already fucked up enough.

"Yes, but it'd feel weird to be together again. I do believe him, I just need time" Y/n told her, in hopes she wouldn't get mad. "Take a week, report back to me at the bonfire - I'm invested and I have a bet with Percy I need to win" Penelope smiled.

"Another bet?" Y/n scoffed, pretending to be offended. "Yes, but your feelings and mental state aren't on the line" she smiled. They were quiet for a couple of minutes until Y/n spoke up "Are you and Percy okay? You two seemed tense at breakfast".

Penelope stayed quiet for a moment "We had a fight. He said we were good but it doesn't feel like it" her mood switched. "I'm sure you two will be fine because if you two aren't fine, I'll lose hope in love" Y/n laughed a little.

They reached the boats and everyone started to get in one by one. Two to a seat. They sat just like they did in the first year which coincidentally was Y/n and Penelope together facing Oliver and Percy.

As the boats left the docking station, Penelope laid her hand over Y/ns'. They looked at the one place they all shared and called home for the last time, tears brimmed Penelopes' eyes. Y/n laughed at her a little in an attempt to break the tension.

As Y/n tore her eyes away from Hogwarts she met Olivers. He was already looking at her with glossy eyes and a soft smile. She reciprocated the smile and then they were across.

Everyone got out and went straight to the train but Y/n stayed back to take another look. It was as pretty as the first time she saw it. Someone came up beside her and took her hand in theirs, but she didn't do anything since she already knew it was Oliver.

Y/n looked over to confirm and it was. She looked back out over the lake, leaning her head on his shoulder and shifting his hand so that both of her hands were holding his.

When their names were called Y/n snapped out of it and wiped any tears that came out off her face and released Oliver's hand immediately, walking fast and her head down to the train.

When they all sat down a sigh was let out. They were done. This was their very last train ride. Penelope and Percy were able to spend a full train ride with them as they weren't prefects anymore.

Y/n didn't sleep on this ride, how could she when she knew it was her very last one?

Ayo, most of these chapters aren't edited for grammar or spelling because I'm trying to get these out as fast as I can since this whole story was posted and I took it down so I could rewrite things :)