"Surprise"

Eto's POV:
''I hope you like your surprise, Kaneki~'' Eto whispers in his ear before tugging him out the door of the cafe. ''I'm sure I will!'' He exclaimed, letting out a small chuckle. ''Close your eyes...'' She signaled, Kaneki closed his eyes. ''If you follow my lead, you wont get hurt. Okay, take a few steps forward.''

She entertwined her fingers with his, ensuring he followed. He does as she said, furrowing a brow in confusion. ''I'm excited to see what it is.'' He lets out yet another chuckle. ''Well the location is a secret...plus it's not far from Anteiku.'' She elucidates.

''So we're almost there?'' He questions. ''Maybe, maybe not. I'm not telling~'' Eto implied. ''Okay, now follow me Kaneki~'' She ordered.

He gripped her hand tighter than before. ''I ever told you I love you, Eto?'' He teased. ''Hmmm? No!'' She joked, letting a soft smile crawl up her lips. ''Well, I love you.'' He implies, a smug smirk on his face. ''I love you more!'' She stated.

''Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I love you more Eto.'' He joked, but being serious at the same time.

''As sure as I'll ever be-'' She was joking keyword 'was' She had gotten interrupted by a fan girl. ''Hi! I love your new book 'The Mastermind Behind my Feelings', could I please get an autograph and a minute of your time to tell me what inspired you to write such a unique book?!'' She gave Eto puppy dog eyes. ''Please, I just wanna know why it seems like love, romance, and a slice of live.'' She paused. ''Then the book turns into paranormal, horror, suspense?? Not complaining!'' She continues, saving herself waving her hands around in a denying gesture. Eto began to talk, seeing as the fangirl stopped talking. ''Hmmm, well I was inspired by the people in my life, experiences, etc. Inspiration can be found anywhere. Like that bird.'' She pointed towards a blue-jay sitting on traffic lights. ''Something so beautiful can do yet such cruel things.'' She gives her a genuine smile. ''Have a good day!'' She waves, turning the corner as fast as she can, while her attention is still on the bird.

''Ooh, Eto's got yet another fangirl~~'' He jokingly teased as she followed behind her. ''But no Eto, I love you more and you cant change my mind.''  He implies ''Do you hear that? I hear lies. I love you more and it's a fact. If you cant see the facts right in front of you. Then you're just too stubborn.'' She stated, head held  high.

''You're pretty stubborn yourself, Eto. I definitely love you more.'' He stated, trying to convince her. ''You're right....not about loving me more, but I am stubborn.

And denying it would make me more stubborn. But its scientifically proven that I love you more. This fact was proven by me, Eto herself.'' She teased Kaneki. ''That's adorable.'' He chuckled, gently stroking her hair. ''I may be adorable in your eyes. However you're attractive in everyone's eyes, Kaneki.'' She implies, a small smile on her face.

''I dont think that's true, you're definitely adorable in everyone's eyes.'' He snaps back, his snowy white hair swaying from the slight breeze.

''You keep telling yourself that.'' Her voice was slightly muffled from the breeze. ''Are we almost there?'' He asks letting out a small chuckle. ''Yes.'' She says as she puts her hands over his eyes. ''Okay, we're here now.'' She take her hands off of his eyes to reveal a.....

.....Beach with a beautiful dusk sky above it. ''I also brought some of your favorite books and a blanket. It's not much, however I thought you'd still enjoy it.'' She sighs, looking at the view.

'

'Eto..'' He began, admiring the view as he began to embrace her in a tight hug. ''Thank you..so much'' He finished, pressing his lips against hers softly. ''I love you..'' He started once more. ''Of course, you're the best. God, how could I ever repay you.'' He finish, thinking.

''I love you too Kaneki'' She smiled, returning the hug. Kaneki laid his head on Eto's. ''You're the best.'' He implied. She returned the favor and laid her head against his.

She starts ''No, you are.'' She finishes. Kaneki holds her as close as he can. ''I know I say this a lot, But I love you. And I'm pretty sure you're the best.'' He implied. ''Hmmm..'' She hums in response, enjoying the peaceful moment.

They watched the sunset together. By the time the sun was down, Eto had fallen asleep, her head laying on his chest.

Chapter end.

A/N

Hey everyone, I'm sorry I havent updated the story in a while. I really havent had motivation until now. I felt like I was letting the people that enjoyed the story down. I honestly felt really bad so I decided to update the story. I honestly like this chapter and I'm confident other people will too...I hope. I worked really hard on this chapter. I'm sorry it took so long to update and I'm going to try to update more frequently but ai sincerely apologize and this is the longest it will ever take for me to update ever again. I really really hope you enjoyed this chapter and please vote and let me know in the comments if you liked the chapter. Also special thank you to my friend for helping me come up with ideas. I really appreciate it. They're an awesome friend. Autumnzoldyck. Go show them some love. They're an amazing friend. DM me if you want me to do a valentine's day special lol. But like I said I'm back from my 'break' thing. I'm going to update more frequently. You're awesome and I love you. I appreciate you reading my story. Please, if you want me to do a Tokyo Ghoul X reader, Black Butler X reader, or smutt in the story please, I beg you let me know. Have a nice day. Bye bye~

-Shoi Yoshimura

-WC: 1016