Chapter 5

Glory POV

Glory tilted her head. A SkyWing with no fire? Where had she heard that before? SkyWing, SkyWing...

"PERIL!" Suddenly everyone looked at her. Deathbringer gave her a look that said, 'Ohhhhhh that makes sense. Ah well, you beat me to it.' She rolled her eyes at him, then turned to Sky, "Do you remember if you hatched out of a twin egg? Was your mother Kestrel?"

"I remember having a sister, I think. But then the SkyWing Queen ordered my mother to kill me." Sky said, looking sad and scared at the same time.

Wren gasped, "That big red dragon was your mother?? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Sorry, I didn't feel like talking about it," Sky muttered.

"And that's why you were scared of her when you saw her looking for you! And when we saw her in the caves-" Wren abruptly stopped and turned to face Glory. Next to her, Deathbringer tensed. "I thought I saw you before! You grew up under a mountain with Kestrel didn't you?"

Glory sighed, "Yes I did. And I have no idea how you know that, but at least I understand how Queen Oasis managed to get killed by a scavenger."

Wren smirked, "I know the human that killed Oasis. Mind you, he did it accidentally. Imagine me doing it on purpose." Then she started swishing her sword around again, but then clearly remembered Sky was still sitting there looking at the sloth blankly and stopped.

Sky looked at Glory, "Do you know where my sister is? I think I'd like to meet her. And probably my new queen after that."

Glory nodded, "Deathbringer, you go with them."

At this, Winter flew away with a snort.

Deathbringer opened his mouth to argue, so Glory stuck her talons in her ears until Deathbringer closed his mouth. "Great," She said brightly, "Thanks for agreeing, Deathbringer. Now, off you go before I personally dump you into a pit of quicksand!" Deathbringer scowled at her, and Glory flapped away before he could protest.