Recovery

It had been three weeks since, what the media had dubbed, "The Black Night". The Gotham City Police Department was still working nonstop to try and round up all the stragglers that were left behind by the Underground.

Dick was true to his word. No more Batmen attacked and none have been seen since that night.

And it seems that you had kept your word as well.

You had been in bed resting for the last few weeks. After you collapsed in the cave, no one was letting you do anything anymore. You thought that Jason would at least help, but him forcibly carrying you back to bed proved otherwise.

Tim and Damian had recovered from their wounds but just like you, they were put on inactive duty. Though, Damian still trained everyday in the cave. From what Hel has told you, he was really beating himself up over everything.

Hell, everyone was.

Luckily, the JL returned to earth the day after the Black Night came to an end. No one wasted any time in coming to visit you to see how you were doing. Conner still swung by every other day just to give you company. Sometimes Cassie would join him.

At least now you were able to get out of bed and actually walk around the manor.

Y/N: Hey, Alf?

Alfred: Yes, sir?

Y/N: Do we have any milk left?

Alfred: I'm afraid your daughter used the last of it this morning.

Of course she did. You just sighed and closed the fridge door before you walked over and sat down at the island. It was empty around the manor with everyone out doing their own thing.

Cassandra was taking Tim's spot in training the Team and making the finishing touches with bringing them back together, Tim was recovering in the comfort of his own home with Stephanie's help, Terry and Debra were acting as fill ins for you and Jason, Jason was away with the Outlaws on some mission, Helena was with Barbara and Hel on some Birds of Prey thing, and Damian was downstairs in the cave.

Selina would stop by every morning just to check in on things and see if you were actually resting like you were supposed to. She really acted like a mother when she wanted to. Just as scary as one, if you were being honest. But she was also very sweet. Like she was family. But she had left some time ago.

At least you had Alfred.

Alfred: How are your injuries?

Y/N: Better. Though, everything still hurts.

Alfred: At least you can admit you're in pain. Master Bruce was too stubborn to admit even that.

You smirked at the thought. How did he do this? How did Bruce go on and keep fighting after suffering this much damage? Maybe he really is a vampire.

You looked up when you heard someone enter the room. Damian walked past you and Alfred on his way to the fridge. He opened the door and looked inside.

Damian: That damn girl drank the milk again.

He closed the door and sighed. You looked over to Alfred who just looked, sad.

Y/N: Hey, Lil D.

Damian looked at you.

Y/N: Can we talk?
-----------
You sat across from Damian in the lounge. You had the radio on so that there would be some kind of background noise for what was sure to be a quiet conversation.

Y/N: D, are you alright? With the gunshot wound and...

Damian: I'm fine. Nothing I can't handle.