the dreaded A/n after months of no update

Hi. I'm alive. Yay.

Ok but in all seriousness I am in fact okay and I apologize for worrying so many of you during my absence, I am here to well, drop my current thoughts and address some stuff.

1. I am ok

2. About my fanfiction, (I assume most of you know which one because I cannot for the life of me remember its long ass name ) I will be discontinuing it. I held off on making an announcement like this for the longest time because even during the time I was busy with my own life this fanfic invaded my thoughts every now and again. In fact, I never planned to make a decision like this. I wanted to continue it I really did but whenever I reread it for the sake of continuity in my writing I could not for the life of me vibe with it as a could all those months ago. There was just so much in it I wanted to abandon and so much I wanted to add that didn't really fit unless I did some metaphorical hoola hoops and jumping jacks. Believe me, when I did think about it and attempted to write I could not get a single word written. It disappointed me immensely and I didn't want to imagine how much it would disappoint you all as well. Which is why it's taken so many failed writing attempts to say that it's being discontinued.

3. A possible rewrite?
I can't continue the story I already started, I just can't get into it. What I can do is rewrite it as a different ff. I feel that it would be better and I would be able to smoothly make changes without getting distracted and influenced by prewritten stuff. Of course, it will have similar to identical scenes at times but I feel that my writing style will change perhaps slightly. I have grown since I wrote the last chapter after all. Although this is all a hypothetical, I have written a prologue partially as I was testing the waters of writing again. Updates probably won't be as frequent as they were when I started the ff. At best they'll be sporadic. But again, this all just a possibility.

4. About my other ffs that never reached a 2nd chapter
I made those shortly before my little writing burnout so they never got to see the potential I had planned, however the good thing about having one chapter is that I could possibly continue those more easier than if I were to continue the bigger ff (y'all know which one) but I won't. At least not right now. Those will be on hold rather than be discontinued.

I believe that's all I wanted to address? I'm not sure since this is a kind of in the moment announcement 👽. If I have anything to add I'll just make another one. Thank you for whoever stuck through my awful fanfiction. I'm truly grateful for the love and support I got during my time writing it.

(This was originally an announcement but it exceeded the word limit so here it is 💀, I was planning on posting it here too anyway though)