14. STARS IN SLUM

Username : zaolat03

Book title : Stars in Slum

Status : Completed

Genre : General fiction

Blurb :

"I don see food o(I have seen food) ", one of them suddenly announced as he took a covered disposable plastic plate which contained left-over rice and beans with maggots wriggling in it.

He was probably eight years old and definitely had kwashiorkor judging from how he looked, he was clad in nothing but a yellow over sized pant which was held by a rubber band and left the pant slightly below his waist

"Hey, don't eat that. Your stomach would churn" Zara yelled as she made to retrieve the plate but the boy shoved her hand away.

"I see am when I open am, I go chop am like that, my belle empty since yesterday(I saw it when I opened it, I will eat it as I haven't eaten since yesterday)", the boy insisted

There and then, Zara and Jimi knew a lot needed to be done.

*******

They committed a crime, a crime of dwelling in the slum but in the slum, they lived comfortably so they weren't ready to leave even in the years to come.

Many didn't believe that the slum which swam in an ocean of abject poverty, infrastructural decay and filth would be a better place again because a lot of things which seemed impossible had to be done.

This is a story of how few of Lagos most populated slum city, Ajegunle, wanted to prove that 'living in a slum defines not who you are' but on the long run, it seemed difficult.

How would they succeed especially when AJ city had produced a lot of criminals?

Will Zara and Jimi succeed in what thy set out to do??

To know more peep in guys