Prologue

The war with Gaea was over. The gods had lost and monsters ran rampant through the streets of Earth. The demigods and gods alike were hunted mercilessly by the titans and the giants.

The Mist had been eradicated showing the mortals the true horrors of the greek world.

The monsters didn't distinguish between mortals or demigods, they hunted the both without any exception.

The common misconception about the mist was such, it only hid the supernatural from the mortals. This was indeed true, but it also hid the mortals from the monsters. The mortals couldn't see the monsters, thereby ridding themselves of their scent. This caused the monsters to leave the poor souls alone if they were not given specific instructions by their masters to hunt one.

However, the mortals believed in the monsters now, so they were too hunted by monsters as an easy meal or even as entertainment.

The balance between the mortal and mythological worlds had tipped immensely.

The death of mortals also dealt a heavy blow to the gods. The lack of worship or belief made several gods, who were not already cast into Tartarus, weaken considerably and fade.

Minor gods such as Nemesis, Hecate, Eris, Enyo, and Iris had long faded since. Even the major gods like Ares, Aphrodite, and Dionysus were hanging by threads.

The damage was not only to this world but also to the fabric of reality itself.

How, you ask?

The universe is guarded by a council. A council of deities with immense power. A council of Primordials.

Primordials are the supreme beings, a manifestation of reality itself. For example, Poseidon is the God of Sea, but Pontus is the sea itself. The sea is the representation of the power of the primordial and Poseidon draws power from it.

Primordials are supposed to be the embodiment of perfection, impartiality, empathy, and ferocity.

However, one primordial, Gaea, the primordial of the earth, succumbed to her flaws and became a manic shell of herself in her hunger for power.

Her hate for the gods made her a cold-hearted goddess.

Her attempts to overthrow the gods were failed in the first gigantomachy and she was forced into a deep slumber for millennia.

In the second gigantomachy, however, she succeeded, and the quandaries were evident.

As the world was descending into pure chaos, the Queen of the Primordial council sat in deep thought.

Gaea had tipped the balance of the council, thereby weakening a lot of primordials. The only ones not affected were present in the throne room with their lord. The primordials present were Lady Ananke, primordial of compulsion, Fate and necessity, Lord Tartarus, primordial of the Pit, Evil and Justice, Lady Nyx, primordial of Night, Lord Chronus, primordial of time and lastly their Ruler, Lady Chaos, the primordial of creation, gravity and force.

The council sat deep in thought about their situation.

Suddenly, Chronus perked up, "I have a plan."

Everyone had his attention now. He grinned inwardly and continued, "I have a plan, but it involves breaking one of our ancient laws." He paused for dramatic effect.

Ananke had enough and chided, "Oh spit it out now, Hour-Head. The Ancient Laws went out of the window, the second Gaea caused this madness."

At the mention of Gaea. the atmosphere became gloomy. Sure, she had become evil, but she still was their sister/daughter.

Chronus sighed sadly before continuing, "We can send someone back in time to correct everything."

Everyone's eyes widened before they started shouting their disagreements about the plan. After a while, Chaos had enough and she banged her hand on his arm-rests. "Let. Him. Speak." She said tightly.

Everyone paled at her anger before a smug Chronus continued, "You all must be aware our powers are dampened with everything that has been happening. Thus, if we chose to act upon the idea, I cannot send anyone through time. I can, however, send the consciousness of the person and some other companions to that time period. The physical body of the person would be as it was in the past, but the knowledge, stamina, and endurance would be on par with what it will be right now."

Everyone looked thoughtful at his plan. Chaos scratched her head in contemplation before voicing her concerns. "Chronus, you said only the consciousness will be able to travel through, right?"

Chronus nodded as Chaos continued, "But, wouldn't your power rip apart the consciousness? The power of time can do much harm unless..." Chaos's eyes widened in realization.

Chronus beamed, "I see you have figured it out, Mother, one of us will have to bless the person. The blessing will not be required for an immortal, but since they are bound by ancient laws, we have to send a hero back and give him the blessings."

Nyx pondered over the idea before asking the question on everyone's mind. "But wouldn't the hero misuse our blessing or use it for personal gain?"

Chaos smirked mischievously and responded, "That may be the case with the majority of the heroes, one of them will never do so. You have met this demigod, Nyx and Tartarus. That too, in your own home."

The remaining primordials gasped at the thought of a mere demigod meeting the two of the most powerful elder primordial in their own domain and surviving.

Nyx's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to remember the demigod. Her mouth formed a perfect pink 'O' as the identity of the demigod came to her.

"Yes daughter, the demigod is none other than our favorite son of Poseidon, Percy Jackson"

Nyx immediately pouted and whined, "But Mooom, he tricked me."

Chaos burst into laughter at the memory of Percy and his plan of tourist destinations, while the others gaped in disbelief at the duo. Even Tartarus snickered at the remembrance.

"I know sweetheart, but he is the perfect demigod for this job. Even Tartarus cannot disagree with that"

Everyone looked at Tartarus who grunted his agreement.

Nyx pouted a bit more before finally relenting.

"So, where is Percy Jackson right now, Mother?" Ananke asked.

"Oh, he is currently dying right now in the arms of Artemis." Chaos said nonchalantly.

"WHAT?!" everyone yelled.

"Oh relax, I will bring him here in a few." Chaos replied.

Tartarus spoke for the first time, "Oh, we know about that Mother. How is he dying in the arms of Artemis? The goddess who would cut any male's balls off if they so much as looked at her."

All the male primordials shuddered at the thought and the females snickered.

"Oh, I would say they are friends, but that would be a lie. They are more than just 'friends' right now." Chaos shrugged.

Again, everyone gaped at Chaos. Everyone who was skeptical about Percy now finally believed if he could befriend the goddess of the hunt, he was worthy enough for the blessings.

"So, when are you going to bring him here, Mom?" Nyx questioned.

Chaos waved his hand and a bright light erupted in front of them. When the light finally died down, they saw two people in the center of the throne room.

There lay Percy and Artemis, in all their glory, sucking each other's faces off.