1. in my head

Graduating was something Sapnap and Dream had been looking forward to since freshman year. They were always talking about how much they hated school and couldn't wait to be done. Four years of rolling out of bed at 6am and horrendously smelly locker rooms have finally came to an end. Dream and Sapnap sat in the school auditorium, excitedly adjusting their caps and gowns. The sea of students and their parents hushed by the vice principal signaling for students to begin walking to receive their diplomas.

"I can't believe it's finally happening!" Sapnap giggled, turning to be met with Dreams equally excited face. They stood in line, waiting for their names to be called while twitching and bouncing around.

"I know! We've waited so long for this." Dream replied, just as ecstatic as his friend. Sapnap smiled up at Dream, eyes big and full of joy.

The booming voice of the assistant principal called Dream first. He smiled back at Sapnap before marching across the stage to get his diploma. The crowd cheered and he gave the them a confident wave and stepped off the stage. Sapnap was next, basically mirroring Dreams actions.

"Yay!" Dream cheered when Sapnap came running towards him with his diploma in hand. They were outside at this point, with all the other students waiting for their parents and families to join them after everyone walked the stage and received their own diplomas. Sapnap ran all the way to Dream and practically jumped into his arms, Dream smoothly catching him and spinning them around dramatically. They laughed hysterically.

"I'm so proud of us!" Sapnap said as Dream set him back on the ground. Dream smiled and held Sapnaps face. He was so thrilled, he wanted to pull Sapnaps face close and give him a kiss. He decided it's best not to right now in front of all their peers. Sapnaps eyes flashed disappointment when Dream removed his hands and awkwardly looked around to spot their other friends.

Their friend George came running over yelling, his cap in his hand and gown hanging off his shoulder. "Guys!" he yelled as he came to a half in front of them, holding his diploma up as though it were a prize he had just won. Dream and Sapnap laughed and pulled George into a group hug.

Soon the ceremony was over and people were beginning to leave. A few people scattered about taking some last pictures. Dream and Sapnap got separated by their families, Dream going to take pictures somewhere else. He scrunched up his face as his proud mother planted a sticky lip gloss kiss on his cheek.

Sapnap came walking over to Dream and his family. His cap, gown, and diploma gone, replaced by a duffle bag.

"Oh Sapnap! I'm so proud of you too sweetheart!" Dreams mother said as he approached, pulling Sapnap into a hug. Sapnap smiled, "Thank you Mrs." he said as he hugged her back.

"Okay okay mom, we're gonna go now." Dream said awkwardly, pulling his mother off of Sapnap. Embarrassed of his mom, even though Sapnap looked just fine to give her a friendly hug. "Alright, you boys be safe!" She said waving them off as the left to where Dreams car is parked.

They walked down the sidewalk, sun beginning to set, crickets threatening to chirp. The air was finally calm. No more big crowds, no more anticipation.

Dream shoved the key into the trunk of his car, Sapnap standing next to him putting his duffle beg into the trunk next to Dreams that was already there. Dream removed his cap and gown, revealing his t shirt and jeans underneath. He crumpled them up and shoved them in the trunk, most likely to remain there for at least a few months until he remembers again.

It was Dreams idea to spend the night after graduation in the city. They only lived a few hours from Houston. Plus hotels were cheap right now. Sapnap liked the idea so they went ahead and put it in the calendar.