4. don't talk to strangers

Of course Sapnap didn't say a word about the kiss, so Dream didn't either. After Dream's burst of affection they just separated and awkwardly said goodnight, leaving to their own houses. Dream went to bed even though it was barely ten pm. Hoping his thick duvet would provide some sort of answers. Dream wasn't thinking when he kissed Sapnap. He didn't think before he pushed Sapnap up against that house. He just kissed him.

For a few days it was awkward but honestly, considering all the two have done before, it wasn't that out of place. Another kiss wasn't a big deal. Except that Dream couldn't stop thinking about it. Every time he closed his eyes he could feel Sapnaps lips, his hands on his waist, the burning of his lungs, the way Sapnap tugged at him to get closer. He really wanted to kiss Sapnap again.

Dream even let himself think of other things they could do. He had to shut those thoughts down pretty fast though, he didn't want to get too ahead of himself.

"Anyway, do you think you'd wanna come?" Sapnap asked. Dreams head shot up from his phone. He didn't even notice the screen go black, how long had he been zoned out for?

"Huh?"

"Were you listening?" Dream shook his head. Sapnap scoffed, nudging Dreams knee with his foot. "I was asking you if you wanted come to the beach with me and my family. My parents rented a beach house and they said I could invite you." Sapnap said.

"Oh yeah that would be awesome!" Dream smiled, tucking his phone under his thigh. They had been sitting on Sapnaps couch for the past hour trying to come up with something to do today. Sapnap was laid out on the couch taking up about 90% of the space, generously leaving Dream a little sliver to sit on.

Sapnap cheered, jumping up to give Dream a hug. "Yay! We're leaving on Sunday. It's gonna be so fun, I'm so excited! We haven't ever gone on a trip like this before, well besides that one time that..." Sapnap began to ramble with excitement. Bubbling up plans of adventures.

Saturday night Dream shuffled through his closet drawers, mumbling about how his swim shorts 'have got to be in here'. He's always hated packing, as with most people he always manages to forget something. Even if he makes a list. He went through his bag a couple more times before heading to bed. Counting out his t shirts and underwear one last time, making a mental note to shove his toothbrush in after he brushes his teeth tomorrow morning.

"Hey, are you in there?!" Sapnaps voice buzzed through Dreams front door. His impatient knocking was slowly driving Dream crazy, "I'm coming!" He shouted from upstairs. "Okay bag, okay phone charger, um am I forgetting anything?" Dream mumbled to himself as he scanned his bedroom.

"Dream? Sapnap is here!" Dream heard his mom call from the bottom of the stairs. He finally came running down, bag slung over his shoulder and phone in hand. He slid on his shoes as he said goodbye to his mom and promised her he'd be safe.

Soon Dream and Sapnap are stuffed in the back of a van with Sapnaps dad, step mom, and two step sisters. They were forced to sit in the back because of some 'you guys are dudes! the girls need space!' bullshit or whatever. The drive is only a couple hours so Dream crosses his fingers they'll survive the journey. Dream realized everything would be just fine when halfway there Sapnap rested his head on his shoulder and didn't budge when Dream placed his hand on his thigh.

Because they left so early in the morning by the time they got there it was barely lunch time. They wasted no time throwing their bags in the beach house and pulling their swimsuits on to go get in the waves. Dream laughed as Sapnap struggled to run on the hot sand. They're going to regret not putting on sunscreen later.

The rest of the day was spent on the beach, eventually Sapnaps family joined them outside. Sapnaps sisters are pretty young, one is five and the others eleven so they both just did their own thing as Sapnaps dad and step mom sat in beach chairs reading or doing whatever adults do at the beach.