[04] 12:22

"Hey

"Hey."

That was the only word that escaped her mouth as she shifted her gaze away from their hands intertwined. She forced a smile, unsure why she felt a sting on her heart.

Hani greeted her with her lovely smile, followed by a hug she always gives whenever they meet. "Happy birthday, baby." She sweetly muttered, patting the youngest's back.

"Um, thanks," her voice was barely just a whisper. "Hi." She decided to greet the man in front of her as she tries to hide the awkwardness she feels.

Would it be weird to say she wanted to run to him and engulf herself in his scent?

That'll probably make everything more awkward.

A faint nod and a warm smile were the ones given to her as if it was a sign that he has nothing to say nor do at all. He probably just came because she's his friend.

That broke her heart. She felt special no more. Not anymore.

Even without hearing a word from him, she could feel it's already the end.

She tightened her coat around her body and swallowed the lump in her throat. "Come in." She did not wait for them to say a thing and just went to the kitchen to get the snacks for their little celebration.

She knelt and look for some snacks she can find inside the refrigerator. To be honest, she wasn't prepared at all. Never did she expect the guys to be there at this hour. She was used to celebrating her birthday by sleeping or just going elsewhere with her members the next morning. Probably celebrating with her fans too, if she'll get some time.

A little smile formed on her face upon seeing the tanghulus her members brought for her the afternoon, earlier. They were left untouched.

"Do you need help?"

She froze. Her heartbeat quickened just by hearing his voice.

"No, not really-" She didn't have a chance to finish her words as he was quick to lean towards her and get the box of the sugar-coated strawberries.

The simple pat on her head that he did happen like in slow motion. Her brain might have stopped functioning the moment she felt the warmth of his breath because of the proximity between them.

Her breathing hitched, unable to muster a word for how close their faces are. Her eyes were captivated by his presence. He's still really attractive as ever.

That scent. She missed it.

"I know I'm handsome."

She snapped back to reality. "I'm not staring at you."

Jin could only chuckle as he stepped back, showing her the box of strawberries and giving a warm smile. She really wasn't that good at lying.

"Happy birthday."