The Flashback

The very first time that I ever heard of vampires was on the night Beckett changed me. Before, I'd never even known they'd existed. I was just an arrogant human forced to live in the slums of a city that never slept. I didn't believe in vampires or half-breeds or any of that. In fact, the thought never even occurred to me that there was any nightly activity going on other than going to parties and bums getting wasted on the streets.

I was so blind to the truth, it was hard to believe that I ever survived...up until that night. It was just another sleepless night and I was overran with insomnia. Tired of getting nowhere, I finally just stormed out of my apartment where I lived with my three band mates.

Little did I know, my life would never be the same.
The night glowed from street lights and fires built in random pits of abandoned buildings. Sure, it was a crappy neighborhood, but I called it home. Walking the streets wearily, I found comfort in the depths of an alleyway.

But this alley was not like the rest. Prior to approaching it, I felt something tugging at my insides, telling me to walk down the alley. Ignorant as I was, I argued my thinking that it must've been some sort of set up for some guys to mug me or something. But of course, that wasn't the case.

I ended up going down the alley, despite common thinking. It felt like death itself was hiding in these walls. And that's when they all came out of nowhere. Men in gray suits, and funny-looking hats. My first instinct was to laugh and make a snide comment about their terrible sense of fashion. But I swallowed my words, for as they grew closer, eying me mischievously, I noticed something wrong. They held no weapons of any kind, no guns, no knives. Just fangs that shone bright under the rays of moonlight. My body was frozen solid as the gut wrenching fear took a hold of me. Terrified, I tried to run away from them, greatly outnumbered against the mass group of minions. I couldn't defend myself against so many.
And good God, they were fast as lightning.

A large sharp pain was emerged as one vampire struck a blow to the lower end of my spinal chord. It felt like I was getting electrocuted from the intense amount of pain throbbing through my system as I crashed to the ground.

Expecting to be mobbed the minions, I found it rather strange that the group cleared a way for one man. The leader.
Paralyzed from the pain, I crumbled as the man stood above me, watching me closely with a sick smile on his face. He bent down and rolled me on my back to face him face-to-face. For the very first time in my life, I was petrified. I was going to die. My thoughts ran wild.

He had black eyes that pierced through my thoughts, sending a hundred disturbing images of his victims corpses spiraling through my brains. The pain of his mind control was excruciating.

It was a diversion to keep my mind occupied while he expressed his loathe for such creatures who could not protect himself.
After moments of useless rambling, he grabbed my collar and whispered, "You can be resourceful to my army. You've got plenty of character. Will you join me?"
My mouth tasted of blood, but I shook my head in reply for words would not the answer.

"Then, I'll make you suffer for eternity," he spoke angrily as his vicious thirst overwhelmed him. He forced an open palm onto my chest, pressing violently, the pressure making a loud cracking sound.
An unrecognizable scream burst out of me as William opened his mouth wide and pressed his fangs onto my neck.

The sensation was indescribable. The second his fangs penetrated the flesh, my body went limp and cold but I could still feel my nerve endings spiraling throughout my body as I was slipping away from mortality. It fekt like my blood was on fire. I couldn't cry out or move my body. But I remember thinking the words, "Please kill me," over and over again in my mind.
My vision was charcoal black. I could not keep consciousness through the suffering.