L E T M E

No POV:

The sun was blazing — the water sparkling brightly under the heat. The waves slowly hitting the shore, roaring as they do, brought some kind of peace of mind. It was as if the waves told a different story each time with their rhythm — might be how they brought happiness to some, a sense of lovingness to oneself or the realisation of something that could change your life.

"Let's try our best to get all the assignments done within today. We can just take a break tomorrow and enjoy," the president of the club, Kihyun, announced, adjusting his cap to protect himself from the blazing heat. The Eco Club of the BH University was on a trip to the beautiful tourist attraction — the Jeju Island.

It was exciting since the start. It was the first time the students; (even though they were only 10 of them) had stepped out of the busy city of Seoul to tour and collect information based on a few topics they were assigned by their professor. Most of them preferred to choose the Dance or Music Club or the Drama Club. A very few were interested in the Eco Club.

Jungkook, the Secretary of the Club, was more than delighted to spend the summer break with his crush, Lisa. It was like one of those cliché romantic movies coming to life. Ever since they met each other after joining the club, you could say Jungkook was always enraptured by her sublime features. It could be the way she politely talked to the others or the way she pouted her lips whenever she felt bored; Jungkook found everything about her making his heart beat faster. 

Lisa, on the other hand, was not that oblivious of Jungkook's feelings towards her. She could admit that the boy was charming enough to capture her heart and as time grew, so did her feelings. She found herself drowning in the boy's enticing brown orbs. 

It was pretty obvious that the rest of the members knew about the feelings Lisa and Jungkook shared towards each other and they were almost the cupids in certain situations. 

"Okay. Let's spilt up. Namjoon and I will go around and visit a few houses. We'll survey them about their methods of waste segregation," Jackson, the Vice President, announced. The rest of them nodded in agreement. 

"Fine. Jennie and I will accompany you guys," Nayeon looked at Jennie who nodded in response. The four of them left along with their belongings after getting approval from Kihyun.

"So, 6 of us are left now. Let's team up too. I'll go with Bang Chan. We'll distribute the pamphlets we created. We'll explain about a few new concepts along with that," Kihyun and Bang Chan packed their belongings before leaving. 

"Well then guys, Mingyu and I will follow them since we're clueless as to what we should do. Have a good time, lovebirds," Yugyeom winked at Jungkook before running along with Mingyu. Mingyu tripped on the sand a few times, almost falling if it wasn't for Yugyeom to hold him. 

The only ones left now were Jungkook and Lisa. It was an understatement to say that the atmosphere grew awkward. 

"Uh, what do we do now?" Lisa broke the silence, turning towards Jungkook who stood baffled. He blinked a few times before shrugging his shoulders. 

"The only thing we were assigned was to collect information about the waste segregation and distribute the pamphlets. Chan is supposed to write the essay, so we're left nothing I guess," he replied, his eyes wandering to search for at least one member, but all of them were already gone in different directions. "I don't know. Why don't we just take a walk then?" he chuckled nervously before looking at Lisa. Her smile grew wider as she nodded.

Smooth.

Slowly walking by the waves, Jungkook was unsure why he felt so peaceful. The mid-noon's heat did nothing to him. He still felt a cool breeze comfort him — his heart rejoicing in its own triumph. It was no longer awkward as the silence they maintained spoke a thousand words enough to fill their hearts with more love.