10 ✡︎ Awakening

Raven
Raven

Ravennnnnn

RAVEN!!!

"WHAT?!" Raven yelled angrily.

"Don't you want to rest?"

"Shut up. I belong here. Not with you."

"Says who?"

"Says... him."

"He's just saying that to make you feel better you know." The voice cooed. "He doesn't actually like you."

"But- he said..."

"He's trying to make you feel better. You belong here. Where you can be at peace."

"I'm just fine where I am." Raven argued.

"But you're not happy. You've never been happy." It said. "The only thing that makes you happy..."

Her mind changed. Images of every moment she had had with him flashed by. Every hug, every touch, every moment where she had felt like maybe... she was enough.

"The only thing that makes you happy... is him."

The images changed. Memories of him and Terra flowed through. Her eyes, her hair, her body.

It was all perfect to him.

Raven wanted to close her eyes. Look away. Run. But how could she run from her own mind?

"Please." She whispered. "Make it stop."

It hurt too much.

"Raven."

Make it stop!

"Raven please."

I can't!

"RAVEN!"

Ravens eyes widened and she sat up, clutching her forehead.

The first thing she saw was him. His perfect green eyes, hair and skin, and although she couldn't see it with her eyes, she saw his perfect heart, beating faster by the second.

Had he been watching her sleep? Trying to wake her up? She didn't know what to say. What to do. All she could muster out was....

"Hi."

He smiled. "Hey."

She met his eyes for a split second, then looked down.

It hurt too much.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concerned.

"Just a bad dream." She said, trying to push the memories out of her head.

"What we're you dreaming about?"

Raven looked away. "Just... my father." the lie left her lips before she could stop it.

His eyes widened. "Wait... do you think it could be a warning?"

"I... don't know I don't think-"

"Raven you know if you've been having these dreams you could be danger right? We have to tell Robin."

"What- no! It's fine it was only a dream."

He reached for her hand. She hesitated, but eventually took it.

"Raven, I can't see you get hurt by him, or anyone ever again. If these dreams keep happening... we can't just sit and wait them out. I want to keep you safe, I need to keep you safe. If I don't have you I..."

He didn't finish.

"Okay." She whispered. "I promise if I keep having these dreams I'll tell you."

"Good." He said. standing up. "Do you think you want to come downstairs for breakfast? You haven't come out of bed since...." Once again, he didn't finish.

"I'll try." She said with a small smile.

He helped her to her feet, and together they made their way down to the kitchen.

Beast Boy
Throughout the day, he had watched Ravens every move. Making sure she hadn't been scarred or injured from the hit.

Overall, she had been acting... normal.

She had sat on the couch and read her book while he and Cyborg had played video games, and she had even made a few sarcastic remarks.

But... something was off.

And the fact that she was acting a lot nicer than usual didn't help.

She had been walking all around the tower rather then her usual floating.

He wondered if...

He pushed the thoughts out of his head. If Raven had had her powers taken away that would mean she wasn't-

Half demon anymore.

What would that mean? What would happen to her? Would she change?

He would've started hyperventilating on the spot had she not been there. He glanced at her across the room. She was with Starfire laughing about something while munching on some of her Tamarian Pie.

The way her eyes lit up when she laughed and her lips stretched wide made him smile.

He never really saw that smile.

He hoped that one day he could make her smile like that.

After a few more minutes of thoughtfulness, Starfire left the room and Raven approached him. "What are you doing here with that face?"

He smiled at her joke. "I'm just thinking."

She tilted her head. "Beast Boy? Thinking? I never thought I'd see the day."

They laughed and he felt a feeling of calamity and warmth wash over him as if he was sitting under the sun.

"I never knew you were so funny." Beast Boy said with a smile.

Her smile faded a little. "I don't know, I guess I just woke up with a different feeling than usual."

"Well whatever that new feeling is I like it." Beast Boy said.

Her smile left after he said that. "I have to go." She said jumping up quickly.

"What- where?" Beast Boy asked, standing up.

"I just- have to. Alone."

And with that she left the room. Leaving Beast Boy with his thoughts once more.