Above the Clouds

( Tw:// suicidal thoughts and actions. )

The air against Tommy's face is cold as he climbs higher and higher attention only on his feet until he feels it has been long enough. The blond teen looks out from his tower and lets the beauty steal his breath for a moment. For a moment the sunlight bouncing off of the clouds, each fluffy mass glowing in the expanse of blue, lets him forget what he's doing, forget about the ringinging in his ears from only moments ago. He frowns once he remembers what he's doing.

" I'm above them already"

His voice catches him off gaurd, how tired and empty the words sound but he supposes it only makes sense . Slowly he continues higher until he can't even see the smoldering craters that had recently became home. He chuckles softy as he realizes that almost everything his brother ever built was gone now, Lmanburg wasn't the same and now even Logstshire was gone. The only other thing Wilbur had ever helped create, the only plant grown from the seeds in his guarded that he left was Tommy and the dizziness buzzing in the teen's mind from the lack of oxygen made it clear that he was soon joining the rest of Wilbur's broken legacy. He finally lets himself stop, resting his legs and sitting at the edge of the tower.

He looks over the sea and feels a strange and unfamiliar calmness. Somehow the lack of oxygen let him finally be free from the confusing and clouded thoughts that he was afraid he would never get rid of: the ones that fought between loving and hating people, the ones that longed to be held by Wilbur, the ones that kept him alive through conflict , the ones that hurt him when it was supposed to be peaceful and the ones that made him stare into the bubbling lava with far to much longing for someone his age. All of his unwanted and confused thoughts parted and as the sun glinted up from the sea. The sea is stretching from his tower to a land he founded not that long ago. He can finally reflect on what had happened, about his deaths and the deaths of his friends. He realizes that he never even worked through the trauma and sorrow he has about his duel with dream, no wonder he was so fucked up.... It doesn't matter anymore though does it? His only choices are to dig painfully back down or let the sky get the taste of him it always seemed to want and let the earth swallow him whole. It wasn't much of a choice. He lets himself bathe in the quiet sorrow for a few more moments before standing with a smile and whispering something to himself, words so familiar that despite the pain that always followed them they felt like an old friend.

" It was never meant to be"

He fell in slow motion, watching clouds tear past him as the ground rises up to meet him. He can't help but smile as he braces for impact... but it never comes.