6 :)

*Corpse POV*

The first thing I do when I get home from the store is text Sykkuno. God, I hope he didn't recognize me. I do have a fairly distinguishable voice, so who knows?

C: "Hey Sy, what are you up to today?"

Just something casual, I've got to keep my cool, surely if he knows it was me he would make it known, right? When he doesn't answer right away I lay my phone down and decide to move on with my day.

That turned out to be harder than I thought when everything I started ended up kind of like this:
As I went to get coffee I remembered the way Sykkuno would use both hands to hold his coffee cup on his stream last night. It was so cute and it just popped in my head out of nowhere.
When I went on youtube to distract myself and watch some videos I immediately went to Sykkuno's channel just to hear his voice.
When I decided to eat some cereal and grabbed the milk from the fridge I couldn't help but remember what happened today. How cute he looked.

I knew he lived close by, but who knew.. I think back and remember how stupid I felt to have put my basket down in the middle of the hallway, how surprised I was when I saw who had fallen, Toast's laugh echoing in my head. I remember holding his hand, not wanting to let go. Looking into his eyes, trying to see if he recognized me then and there, somehow wanting him to. The way his eyes changed as he looked at me and the little smile he gave me as he walked away.

I tried to make sure I didn't show my surprise too much, but it was hard. What do you do when no one knows who you are and you randomly 'meet' someone that's actually a friend? Kind of? We haven't known each other long but I do consider him a good friend, is that weird?

*beep beep*
S: "Hi! I'm playing some Among Us with Toast later, want to join? :)"

Sykkuno. Alright, alright, this is cool, this is okay. He doesn't seem awkward or any different than usual. I sigh in relief as I type out a quick response, saying I would love to and asking what time they plan on playing.

Toast really did seem to enjoy me and Sykkuno's encounter earlier, I guess he just thought it was funny? I just hope Sykkuno actually didn't hurt himself, he hit his head pretty hard.

-later, playing among us-

I decide not to stream, waiting with Sykkuno's twitch channel open. Surely he is, right? I just want to see him again, make sure he's alright.

The time already shows 5 past 5, meaning I'm probably late and either so is Sy, or he just isn't streaming which I find quite odd. Is he okay?

I open up the discord to join the voice call as I get my game ready to go. It's so much less stressful knowing I won't be streaming and I literally cannot leak any personal information. That's something that actually terrifies me so much, I cannot even begin to explain.

"-tired so I won't stay for long, sorry" Was that Sykkuno? "Oh hi corpse!" The same person said, sounding really excited. Okay so it was. "Hi Sykkuno" I let out a little giggle "Hi everyone" I add, making sure I don't sound ignorant towards everyone else.

"Hi corpseee" Rae sings out of tune, clearly showing she's happy I'm there as well. She always makes me feel so comfortable in the group, I really appreciate that about her so much. "Corpse! Tell Sykkuno we need him so he can't leave please, he'll have to listen to you with that enchanting voice of yours, haha!" 

"W-waht? Poki!" Sykkuno interrupts her laughter, but starts laughing himself as well after he said that. "Don't mind them Sykkuno, make sure to take good care of yourself yeah? If you're tired you gotta rest" I say, softly. I hope my concern for him isn't too prominent in the way I said this, actually? Fuck that. I don't care if it is. If he's tired, he's got to rest. Maybe he did hurt himself? Is he okay? Maybe I can try and ask him throughout the games today, making sure he's actually alright.

__________________

A/N: Hi! Hope you guys are enjoying the book so far. School just started for me again and I'm fairly busy but I'm trying to update weekly.
Thanks to everyone who's read the book, thanks for the votes and the comments! It's so kind and I appreciate it so so much!

Hope you all are well and hopefully I'll see you again next chapter! :D