1 - mesmerized

*Sykkuno's POV*

It's almost 2pm which means it's time for another game of among us with my friends, we've been playing the game a lot lately, not that I mind. Toast is so good at it, I wish I was half as good as he is. I mostly joke around a lot and make people stand on vents with me.

While setting up my stream I text Rae to ask who's joining us today, the chat keeps asking me every time but I'm not the one making the lobby's so I usually don't know.
*you, me, toast, poki, ludwig, xqc, jack and charlie, we still need 2 more so if you know anyone else, invite them! :)*

I start my stream right after reading the message. "Alright guys, How are you all? Today we're playing another game of, you guessed it, among us! It seems we're still looking for a few more people to play with so for now we'll just have a chat yeah?" I say while smiling. I opened up the among us game and make sure my camera is covering the code, I've leaked it far too often already I think, while also making a joke about it to my chat.

It seems that Jack, also known as JackSepticeye, found one more person to play. "I found someone! his name is Corpse husband, he's the man with the most amazing voice you will ever hear". I must admit that I don't know who this is, but I'm excited to play with them!

Everyone makes 'oohhhh' and 'ahh' sounds while Toast makes a rather odd comment asking me "Sykkuno, are you gonna take that?" I'm confused why he would say that? Rae jumps in as well, saying I should fight 'Corpse Husband' for some reason that I actually do not understand. While that is going on Jack steps in and says we'd all 'side with Corpse' once we hear him talk. I'm not sure what they're talking about but I let them be as I thank some subs.

I'm running around the room as Corpse enters the room, everyone is waiting for him to speak. "Yo Corpse, what's going on" Ludwig says, welcoming him to the group as I tell the chat that he has arrived. 

"Hello friend" wow- wait. Jack was right after all. Everyone is in awe and the girls quickly start fawning over how deep and mesmerizing his voice is. Rae even comments about how "his voice is touching her" and Ludwig makes a joke saying I should just leave the room now as Corpse is here, I think they're trying to say that Corpse has a better voice than I do? He really does have a really great voice, it's oddly soothing but also a bit scary. I actually like it though.

"Hi Mr. Corpse" I say, as everyone is still very much in trance by this enchanting voice. He's new to the group today, let's make him feel welcome! "Corpse and Sykkuno should fist fight" Rae screams, what's with everyone wanting me to fight with Corpse? "Sykkuno I still love you" Jack says to me, that makes me feel a bit better. At least someone isn't trying to get me into a fight with this new guy I met literally a minute ago. "oh thanks jack!" He's truly such a nice guy, I'm glad that Among Us brought us together.

We all joke around and laugh a bit more about this new mysterious voice that just entered as Train also joins the discord call. "oh Hi train" I say to welcome him, I don't think anyone else noticed he's here yet and we want to be welcoming. I talk to my chat more as Train is setting up his stream, and wonder out loud what kind of player Corpse is, since we've never played with him before. Jack did mention he was a good impostor, guess we'll find out soon! They all started a conversation about Corpse's music, he makes music? That's actually kind of cool, maybe I should look his stuff up sometimes, with a voice like his, that must be interesting.

Poki tells him to sing something but I quickly step in when I hear how uncomfortable he sounds, c'mon Poki, we just met him. "C'mon guys, we don't wanna put him on the spot right now do we?" They continue to ask him to say some silly words but I stay out of it this time. Jack steps in though and everyone else jokes around a bit. Corpse is laughing and giggling about something they said, I'm not even sure what they're talking about anymore as I was once again thanking subs, but that laugh- it really caught me off guard. "How does a man with his voice have a laugh that cute? Wait- don't tell anyone I said that guys".

Everyone is set up, so we decide to start the game. Let's see how this goes, I hope I'm crewmate. I honestly don't like killing my friends, it's the one thing I don't love about this game.

-CREWMATE-
"And... I'm a crewmate, guess I'll see you guys later!" I say to my chat as I close the window so I won't be able to read their comments anymore.

I walked off and decided to hide first thing, just so I don't die first. As much as I love this game, if Rae's impostor, it's almost a guarentee I'll be killed first. We're playing on Polus, I love that map because there are lots of spots you can hide. I usually go stand behind the 'hand print scanners'? I'm not sure what to call them, but that's my safe space. I see xqc running up behind me and not even half a minute into the game... I'm dead.

Yes, it's a great hiding space, that also means it's a great hiding space to hide bodies. I open my chat again and talk to them about how crazy it is that he knew where I was. Apparently we both use that spot to hide, great.

The game continues, I do my tasks and talk to my chat. Eventually we win, I'm glad to be able to talk to my friends again. It's always a bit sad to die first, but I guess someone has to right? We play a few hours before everyone decides to call it quits for the day. Instead of stopping my stream I decide to hang out on minecraft for a bit.

My chat keeps talking about how much they loved corpse, which I find funny. "He really is a nice guy guys, I think we'll see more of him in the future" I say with a smile on my face.

How I wish I knew what was to come, and how right exactly I was. Because this moment, this stream today, it changed everything among the two of us.