Chapter 1

As you can tell, I'm not exactly a morning person. I was never what you would call 'ready' for school. My hair is a mess each day (but that's fine, I usually fix it in the washroom during first break) I never had a full breakfast and most of my free time you spent hacking my way through encrypted codes. I wasn't exactly doing anything illegal, I don't think, but it was fun! My eyes light up when I see that flash of green that tells me I'm through. My fingers would dance over my keyboard as I searched for the right combo and , if the hack was especially hard, I would stay up until the early hours to make sure i wouldn't be caught.

However, it was on one of those late nights that I happened to come across another deeply encrypted code. It led to a Discord room... of some kind. This was going to be fun. Around two hours later, I start getting reception. A ping signalled my entry to the host.
"Hello?" I heard a voice call out. It sounded like a boy around my age.
"Hi! Who are you?" I opted to ask a question, that's not too conflictive, right?
"I'm the one who should be asking the questions here!" The voice replied definitely.
"Well then, sir white fedora, ask away" C'mon, I had to play around with this kid a bit, right?
"Fine, maybe I will, uh... (pfp)"
I chuckled at his attempt to offend me by using my joke. How cute! "Bet, hit me with your best shot!" I challenged
"Who are you?"
"I am the amazing n/n, and you are?"
"The name's Player." I could almost hear him frowning! I tried not to laugh too loudly into my headset mic, but just my luck, he heard. "Hey! Don't laugh at my name!"
"I'm not- I'm not!" You said, once again failing to conceal your laughter.
Who did this kid think he was?! And Player? What kind of name was that?! I chuckle quietly to myself. "Alright Player, I'm just going to disconnect... ok?"
"What no! Hey! I'm not done questioning yo-"
And I left. Whoops! I kinda felt bad for the guy, he obviously wasn't used to talking to new people. I wonder what he looked like? Or how he acted in real life? I scoffed, those were questions for another day. For now, I needed some sleep... and maybe a good breakfast for once.

Edited: 8/4/22