Beyond life

Elara woke up painlessly. She was blinded by the brightest light she had ever seen. She stood up and looked around, nobody was around... She appeared young again, no white hairs at all. Her surroundings resembled literal paradise, so peaceful and quiet. She then heard a familiar voice calling her name.

"Elara."

"Who's there?" She called out.

She began to see a figure walking towards, followed by many others. She stepped towards the shadows and then it hit her.

"Mother?" She asked.

"Yes Elara, it's me." Her mother, Helgara, said.

"This isn't possible... You passed away long ago." Elara said.

"True..." Another voice said, her father, Vorak, appeared. She was lost for words when her old friends and even Zarkon's parents appear with Lotor and Allura. They all passed away at some point. Then it hit her.

"Oh no..." She said, she felt her heart shatter.

"Am I... Dead?" She asked. Everyone nodded.

She wanted to cry but no tears came out.

"Elara you can finally rest in peace and freedom here with us." Melenor chimed.

"Isn't peace all you wanted?" Lotor added.

"Yes but not like this... I didn't want to leave behind the family I have." Elara said.

"Well you aren't completely dead, but you can't go back." Trigel said.

"It's so calm here, no war, no trouble, just peace." Gyrgan said.

"The war is over... Altea and Daibazaal are restored. I didn't fight that war for nothing..." Elara said sadly.

"We understand but it's your time honey." Athena, her mother-in-law said.

Elara could suddenly see a vision of Zarkon literally weeping beside her deceased body and her heart shattered. She shedded tears of pure devastation, everyone gasped.

"What is it now?" She said.

"Tears!" Melenor gasped.

"You're shedding tears! Nobody is able to do that here!" Helgara said.

"What are you saying?" Elara asked.

"You have a choice Elara!" Alfor said.

"You can go back or stay here." Blaytz said.

"The choice is yours, we'd never stop you." Vorak said.

Elara gave it a lot of thought and then exhaled after she made up her mind.

"I want to go back."