Chapter 32: A ripped suit and an unconscious mother hen

RECAP:

My phone, that was in my suit's inner pocket, started going off; interrupting my vows. Everyone in the church gasped and Gabriella's eyes widened, hurt evident in her them. "You brought your phone to our wedding?" She asked indredulously.

I hurriedly took my phone out my pocket. I had blocked all callers accept for one: Victoria--hoping that one day she would call. However I never suspected so soon. It must be something important. I ignored Gabriella and answered the the call...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 32: A ripped suit and an unconscious mother hen

TREVOR BRAXTON'S POV

The world around me evaporated; the church, the minister and Gabriella were no longer existent in my mind. All that mattered was that I was going to hear Victoria's sultry voice again.

"Hello?" I answered, happily.

"Marcus! Micheal-Gory-is-back-and-is-attempting-to-break-down-my-door!" Victoria replied, in an alarmed voice. She spoke so fast I couldn't catch what she was saying.

"Victoria, your speaking too fast, slow down." I advised.

"I need your help! Michael Gory is-" A loud bang and Alexis screaming to the top her lungs like a mad woman, interupted Victoria's plea. The phone line went dead after what sounded like her phone connecting with the floor. My heart hammered at my chest and adrenaline surged through my body. Victoria must be in serious trouble and Michael Gory is involved. I can't believe I left her to fend for herself against that maniac. I had forgotten all about her crazy ex-boyfriend who sought revenge on her. How could I be so stupid?! I need to get to her quickly; she needs me.

I was finally pulled back in to reality and realised that everyone in the church was watching me, wide eyed and perplexed. I turned to Gabriella. "I'm sorry." I apologised and made a move to turn around, but her slender fingers clutched onto my bicep. "Gabriella let go of me." I demanded, speaking through my teeth.

"Where are you going? Who was that on the phone, Trevor? What is going on with you? You can't just walk out on your wedding, your suppose marry me...you-you love me." She stated as if it were a fact.

"I do love you Gabriella, but not in the way you want me to; not in the way a husband should. That was Victoria on the phone, she is in trouble and her life could be in danger. I need to help her, now that her life is at risk it made me realise that she is the one that my heart belongs with...and not you. " Hurt was evident on her features and her grip tightened on my bicep.

"Trevor, you don't know what you are talking about. This Victoria woman has made you delusional to the fact that we are made for each other, you can't leave!" She spat.

I narrowed my eyes and glared icly at the woman I almost made the biggest mistake of my life with by marrying her. "Yeah? Well, watch me." I challenged. I started walking towards the exit of the church but Gabriella kept a firm hold on my suit sleeve causing it to rip. Everyone present gasped once again and I stopped to give her a disappointed look before carrying on my dash for the exit, ignoring the questioning stares from my relatives. However, I'm pretty sure my brother was discreetly filming the whole thing. Go figure.

Once I had left the church, I sprinted to my car and sped down the road like a mad man. I'm coming Victoria, hang in there.

As I was ten minutes away from Victoria's house the sound of sirens and the flashing of blue lights indicated that the police were on my tail. I can't afford any more delays, Victoria needs my help. I pulled over and the police car followed suit.

Then it occured to me that I could lead the police to Victoria's house and they can arrest Michael Gory! I never go against the law but I'd rather also get arrested than risk losing Victoria. Who knows what she's enduring as the seconds tick on? Just as the police officer opened his car door I drove off, determined to reach my destination.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

VICTORIA'S POV

"Shut the hell up before I give you something to scream about!" Michael commanded, in a baritone voice. Alexis finally stopped screaming, her mouth shutting instantly.

Michael currently was standing in my living room holding a knife dripping with blood, while Alexis was standing in front of my window and I stood behind my couch in the middle of the room. Michael looked pleased at Alexis' obedience and smiled menacingly in my direction. I sized him up; Michael Gory was a very tall man with bulging muscles and many years of fighting experience, there would be no way that I could win in a fight against him. I looked towards my door way; my front door, which had been broken off the hinges, lay flat on the ground. My options were slim. Michael's evil smile widened. "There's no escaping your fate Vicky." He warned. "I got you right where I want you."

He turned to Alexis and with the bloody knife in hand, he beckoned for her to join my side. "You. Go join your friend over there. You can share her fate. We don't want you making any funny movements, do we?"

Alexis hurriedly joined me behind the sofa and clutched on to my hand. Her hand was shaking and I squeezed it in reassurance. I've never seen her so terrified before. I didn't blame her; I wonder whose blood is dripping from that blade in his hand. I glared at him. "What did you do?" I asked, referring to the bloody knife.

Michael glanced at the knife in his hand then started pacing. "For years in that prison cell I formulated a plan of how to get my revenge on you. I thought to myself: what's the best way to get even? The idea of killing you came to mind, but then I realized that, that would only give you an easy way out. I want you to suffer just like I did. However, your fate will be a hundred fold compared to mine. "

"What are you getting on about?" I pressed.

"Lying in her apartment right now, across the hall from yours, is a lifeless Peggy May, bleeding out from the slit in her throat." He elaborated. My heart kicked into high gear and I resisted the overwhelming urge to throw up. He killed Peggy May!

Alexis' hold on my hand was gone as she fainted right then and there. "Alexis!" I exclaimed, then turned to Michael Gory. "You monster!"

He carried on pacing as if Alexis didn't faint at all, and the news that he was telling me was nothing out of the ordinary. "I wonder how many years you'd get for murdering poor old Peggy May. Probably...I don't know...maybe twenty five to life?"

"So this is your great revenge plan; your going to frame me for murder? You need serious help Michael. This is sick."

He stopped pacing, locked gazes with mine, and raised the hand holding the knife. "Correction: it is you who will be needing help once-" The sound of someone hurriedly running up the flat stairs, interrupted him.

"Victoria?!" Called a concerned voice, that I knew all too well. My heart fluttered at the sound.

He came.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: PICTURE OF MICHAEL GORY TO THE SIDE. THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN PROOF READ.

*VOTE

*COMMENT

*FAN