Chapter Ten - Taking it Slow

Technoblade 3rd Person POV

Techno rose during the middle hours of morning. Light barely peaked through the window near his bed, and a wave a rushing memories flooded his groggy mind.

Yesterday's events came back in pieces. Their final day at Disney World in Magic Kingdom, watching the sunset. The kiss he'd shared with... Dream. Or had it all been a dream.

Techno's mind was a mess, and his thoughts were foggy. Had everything that had happened between him and Dream been a dream? There were too many thoughts to make sense of any of it.

It had been too perfect. Dream had made the first indication, the castle, the sunset, the fireworks... it was all to perfect. It must've been a dream.

Flipping his phone over, the time read seven in the morning, and it was the 19th of December. Not a dream...

———————————

Dream 3rd Person POV

Dream woke up far too early and without much sleepy regardless. He had gone through with his mission, and to his surprise, it hadn't gone completely south. He didn't know what Techno would think in the current morn, but he could only hope it would be the same way as the night before.

Going through his memories, he remembered it all in a flash. The bench, the sunset, his eyes, their skin meeting in the place he waited for so long to touch against his own. It was unreal.

He had gone very quickly though, and was surprised when Techno didn't pull away. Maybe he'd regret it now. Maybe it would be awkward? He'd never know until he asked.

Leaving on his black sweatpants, he put on a plain grey t-shirt to go along with it, deciding going shirtless into Techno's room wasn't an idea he wanted to carry out. It was barely past seven, barely past sunrise, he'd laid in bed for a really long time apparently.

He closed his door as he left, slipping down the hallway silently to the guest room. He pushed open the door barely, peaking in to see if Techno was awake. He was. He sat there, nose in a book on the bed.

He looked adorable in the morning light, small streams of light bounced against his cheeks and reflected against his glasses. The curtains were slightly opened too, letting a huge crack of light stretch up against the opposite wall.

Techno looked up at the sound of the door opening, and Dream opened it the rest of the way. He stood in the doorway for a moment, both just staring at the other in silence. Finally, he entered and closed the door behind him.

With a small sigh, Techno placed his book to the side. Dream lightly leaned against the footboard, the wood pressing into his hip every so slightly. The pressure was something besides the boy in front of him to focus on.

They were both too awkward to be doing this. Neither we're going to begin talking, and at this point, it was just a silence match.

Finally someone spoke up though. "Did you actually mean all of it?" It was Techno, his voice quiet and almost a whisper, doubting.

Eyes flickering upwards, Dream nodded, "Every word."

It was another pause. God, this is so awkward, Dream couldn't help but think to himself.

But then, Techno just let his words run, "I wanted to hear those words since yesterday, to make sure you weren't just tricking me. Now that I've heard them, I do, too. I like you a lot and have for a long time, but I don't know what it means.

"Whether it means you actually want to take our friendship somewhere or to something else, or... or, I don't know what else, but whether you regret it. Maybe you want to be in a relationship? I don't know, about what you want or myself either and-"