Chapter One - Keys in a Melody

Technoblade 3rd Person POV

Technoblade shoved his travel bags up into the cargo area above his seat. He fashioned a red hoodie and jeans with his combat boots, of course. He had been forced to take off his chains and metal accessories to get on the plane, which was flat out stupid in his opinion. He climbed over into his seat, on the edge, thank god. He sat next to two random people, who seemingly knew each other as they talked loudly and laughed. Technoblade pressed his headphones onto his ears, blaring music to drown out the sound of his seat buddies' loud chatter.

The plane ride was long. After all, he was moving across and entire country, from California to Florida. The difference would be vast as hell, and Technoblade knew he would miss his old home near his family in San Francisco, but Florida was a new arena for his excitement. And it was one step closer to traveling the world.

About half way through his just-over-5-hour flight, he heard a familiar song that sent his heart racing. Not in a fluttery way, of course. Technoblade hadn't felt his heart beat like that since... He snapped his thoughts away. His buddy, Wilbur's, newest song from a while back played into his ears, "Your New Boyfriend". Technoblade was surprised it so randomly played on the public playlist he had chosen, but he didn't mind.

It reminded him of his friends, and this giant secret he was keeping from them. He wasn't anywhere near Dream he hoped, and surely he wouldn't be. In that case, there was no point in telling everyone anyways. There was no importance to it.

The clock's hands on his watch didn't seem to spin fast as the plane ride stretched on. He listened through an entire playlist that lasted for over four hours before finally just scrolling through social media, putting his unlimited data plan to good use.

The plane began descending shortly after, and Technoblade could see the giant MIA (Miami International Airport) Logo on the front of the building. He smiled to himself as he stared out of the small window that was only a couple of seats away from him. His thoughts are slapped from his mind and view muddled as the person with the window snaps the cover over the sight. They were landing fortunately, so there wasn't much sight to be missed.

He quickly found himself waiting next to the rotating machine where suitcases were gathered. He was holding his carry-on bag with him. He zoned out everything around him, staring at the luggage passing by, waiting to find his multitude of bags waiting for him. He stood there for a good two minutes before he realized, "I'm having the luggage sent to the house I'm moving into... Fuck."

Technoblade shuffled away from the people also waiting awkwardly, empty handed besides his own carry-on bag. He felt a sense of loneliness kick in. He was basically restarting his life, new house, renting a car, and he knew no one. He was moving to the big city of Miami, and that's enough to be excited about, even if he came from a big city himself. Miami was a new playing field, and one that excited him. Not that he expressed his emotions much.

He's been broken enough by revealing how he truly felt and letting people use that to manipulate him to know to hide what he truly felt. Technoblade liked to solitary feeling of knowing no one here could look at him and remember the time he had let himself be so broken.

He shook his head slightly, clearing the piffling thoughts in his mind. Fresh start. Might as well make the most of it.

———————

It was nearly noon when Technoblade had landed down at the airport, and by three'o'clock, he was nearly fully settled in to his home an equidistance away from the beach and a huge city area.