47

When they arrived at the hospital, they were told to wait before going in to see Sam. Liz came outside and sighed. "Your brother, isn't he?"

          Robert was there with Liz and y/n smacked him on the arm before pulling him into a hug. "You were responsible today." She said, which made him laugh

          Kristy gawked at her mother and y/n, before laughing and going inside. Hayley trailed behind her along with Charlie and Y/n.

         Though she didn't want to admit it, y/n was a little nervous to see Sam. She had no idea why!

          She was staring at her feet, playing with strands of her hair as Kristy, David Michael and Charlie piled in to hug their brother.

          Hayley stood there awkwardly, she didn't know Sam all that well, but smiled at him anyways.

          Y/n was the last, and decided on a hug. "You idiot, how did you get yourself in this mess?" She laughed awkwardly.

          "Well I am Kristy's brother!" He said, to which Kristy just stormed out of the room.

          Everyone laughed but Charlie pulled David Michael out the room to go get her.

           Hayley smirked and left Y/n alone with Sam, because she was that friend.

          "So." Y/n whispered, sucking in a breath. A nurse with the name tag 'Kelsie' entered.

           "Something for the pain. He'll probably fall asleep, it's the drousy kind." She said, before proceeding with her task. (I. NEED. HELP.)

          When she left, y/n was left alone with Sam and she just sat there, next to him.

           Without thinking she started to speak. "So you're asleep, and that probably makes it easier for me to say this, but Sam Thomas I do really, really like you. I guess I have for a long long time. And I wouldn't be this confident if you were awake, so thank heavens you're not. So what I'm trying to say is, if you think you have a shot with me, YOU DO! Act on it Sam."

          Y/n sighed and laughed to herself before leaving, shutting the door behind her.

          But what she couldn't see was the small smile that graced Sam's face as he stared at the ceiling, as awake as can be.

[a/n]

redemption? 🤭💕