Chapter 40, "Lunatic"

The next day.....

"Emily!! Have you seen my bird ring?" Chase yelled from the bathroom. I looked down at my hand, fidgeting with the ring on my finger.

Chase is about to hang out with his friend J and leave me here. Every since yesterday's interaction, they have been texting and planning to do all sorts of things since J was back in town for good, he said.

"Do you know where it's at?" Chase asked, appearing in the room now.

"On my hand," I smiled innocently.

He shook his head and fastened up his blue jeans. The fact that he looked so good right now and he's about to leave me is just frustrating and absurd.

"I wanna wear it, but I guess you can keep it," he sighed. I got out the bed and walked over to him, taking the ring off my finger and putting it on his.

"I said you can-"

"I just want you to stay," I interrupted with a huff.

"I'll be back in 3 hours max. J and I haven't seen each other in years and he's tha bro."

"Tha bro?" I asked quoting his words.

"Yeah, stop questioning me like I'm about to do something sketchy. I'm literally going to see someone who's back in town that you met last night."

"I never said it was sketchy," I mumbled.

"You say I've been clingy and I need to-"

Before he could finish I walked out of the room and downstairs. This is about to become some whole big deal when it isn't and I'm not about to stay and let it play out.

"What's up dolly?" Vinnie asked as I took a seat next to him in the couch.

"What yu doing?"

"Watching Shameless."

"All day?"

"Call it binging but this is a good show," he laughed.

"I'm joining in."

"Bet."

He restarted and went back to the first episode considering he was only on the second one. I guess this is what my day is going to consist of, but hey I'm not even complaining.

"Why'd you walk out?" Chase asked, running down the stairs.

"I'm watching tv."

"Emily," he sighed.

"Fuck off my back and leave."

"I can't deal with you right now."

"Then don't," I shrugged. Chase popped a cigarette in his mouth before telling Vinnie and I bye and leaving out the door.

"Are you good?" Vinnie asked.

"Why would I be?" I chuckled.

"You have a big ass stick up your ass, what did Chase do to you?"

"What do you know about J?"

"A lot. We've all known each other for a while but Chase knew him way before I did."

"J is his real name?"