02 | JONATHAN THINKS HE CAN TELL THE FUTURE

- - - -

- - - -

It was dark when the hogwarts express finally reached the station.

After getting off the train, Valerie watched her sister go off with the other first years towards Hagrid, who was stood holding a huge lantern.

Hermione was stood with a little ginger boy, who Valerie recognised as Ron Weasley, Fred and George's youngest brother. She was also stood next to another boy, with messy black hair and glasses. Valerie smiled at the thought that her younger sister may have already made friends.

Eventually Cedric dragged Valerie away from the spot she was stood daydreaming in and she piled into a carriage with her friends. They were all now dressed in their uniforms. Chrissy and Valerie in their Gryffindor robes, Cedric in his Hufflepuff robes and Jonathan in his Ravenclaw robes. Fred and George went in a separate carriage.

Their journey to the school was mainly full of small talk; about their classes this year, the fact that they were all incredibly excited for their first school trip to hogsmeade since they were now in their third year, and the most exciting of all, Cedric's hopes to get onto the Hufflepuff Quidditch team this year.

When finally in the great hall, Valerie took her spot at the Gryffindor table in between Chrissy and another girl in their year named Cordelia. Fred and George were sat opposite and she greeted them happily. Valerie was incredibly greatful for how warm it was in here, she was freezing.

Everyone waited in anticipation for the first years to be led into the great hall by Professor McGonagall. It was quiet, minus the excited chatter of students.

After not too long, Professor McGonagall opened the doors and led the small group of first years down the middle of the room, passing right by where Valerie was sat.

She looked and instantly spotted her sisters bushy hair, it stood out. The pair made eye-contact and Hermione waved, Valerie waving also before turning back to continue the conversation with her friends.

When they reached the front, Professor Dumbledore stood up to give his speech.

He started by explaining as usual that the forbidden Forrest is, forbidden. Then went on to say "Also our caretaker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death"

At his words Noelle turned back to Valerie with a curious expression "I can't be the only one who is even more intrigued now he's said that-"

Valerie rolled her eyes at her friend "oh well then, feel free if you wish to die."

Hermione was first to be called out, she walked up slowly and looked absolutely terrified, but at least she hadn't almost tripped up the stairs, because that would be incredibly embarrassing and Valerie definitely wasn't talking from experience or anything.

Their entire table clapped and cheered as the little girl was placed into Gryffindor and she happily hurried down and sat next to Valerie. "You know I'm surprised you weren't put in Ravenclaw." Valerie spoke to the girl, who shrugged, it didn't make a difference to her, she was just happy to be there.

A few others were placed into different houses, but the moment Harry Potter's name was called practically the whole room burst into whispers.

He was placed in Gryffindor and came over to the table happily, sitting himself down next to Percy Weasley. Fred and George were chanting "we got Potter! We got Potter!"

Everyone was clapping and cheering but quieted down once the next name was called out, but others were still muttering and staring at Harry.

"Psst." A voice called out quietly from behind Valerie, she turned to see the grinning face of one of her bestfriends Jonathan grinning at her from the Ravenclaw table

"What?" She asked, slightly confused

"Soooo... hermione's in Gryffindor and so is Harry Potter..." Jonathan spoke, Valerie blinked a few times but gave no other reaction, signifying her confusion, so Jonathan elaborated "maybe they'll become friends!" He stated happily

"Hm think you can tell the future do you?"

He gave his friend and cheesy grin and shrugged "maybe I can, I'll be coming for Professor Trelawney's job before you know it." Valerie pulled a 'you're an idiot' face and turned back to the table.

Word count - 777
Published 23/5/21
Edited ?
(Chapter two!
I'm actually really excited to get into this story because I have a load of ideas. Plus have made an updating schedule, which I'll hopefully stick too. So, Sunday updates for this book! Hope y'all enjoyed! Mwah!)