Contracts

Valerie's POV

We came out of the elevator. Kyle led me to a studio floor where there are a lot of crew around and sets being built. I have never seen anything like it compared to what I normally see in the studio that we have at work. This is creatively well-organized. I guess owning your own art school really pays off. Plus, this is just one of the floors, what more if I saw the others.

"Hello, Team. This is Valerie Hofstetter. She will be joining us today and hopefully moving forward in the future to help us discover different perspectives on our current and upcoming projects." Kyle announced our arrival to her team. "Welcome to the Stewart School of Arts, Ms. Hofstetter. We look forward to working with you!" The crew greeted in unison, I just nodded in acknowledgment and felt my cheeks redden.

She led me to a booth at the back of the directors' table. We both sat in the booth as we waited for a callback that Ms. Reed mentioned. "Hello, Direct Kyle and Ms. Hofstetter." Said a tall man that seemed to be in his mid-30s. Kyle and I nodded in acknowledgement. "Hello, Chief. Direct Pao, Gabby and I have passed the 3 callbacks that you required us to assess, while you were away. We are just waiting for the last one that we called for schedule change." Ms. Reed explained. "I expect correct judgement from the three of you. So, I approve. Val and I will just be observing from the background and maybe give feedback after. For now, carry on." Kyle instructed Ms. Reed. "You know you don't have to stay here with me if you need to be there with them." I said. "It doesn't matter where I am as long as I'm with you." She said with a reassuring smile. I smiled back and she held my hand.

Kylie's POV

The callback finally arrived. A few minutes late but forgivable because of the unexpected schedule change. "This callback scene is for an irl gamer role that would complete the cast for our project." Stace announced and nodded at Direct Pao. "And three, two, one. Action!" Direct Pao queued the start of the act.

It went on for a few minutes when I realized that Val was so into the act itself. I even saw her taking a few notes on her phone. "Val?" I called to her. "Uhm, yeah?" She sounded nervous. "You okay?" I asked. "Yes. I am just so fascinated about how the flow of your school works." She explained. "I see that you wrote down notes too?" I confirmed. "I actually did. This could help me with my plans on making a studio for myself. I haven't had any good remarks at work lately and I wanna grow more into the arts industry." She explained.

"If that's the case, I'll help you. You have a lot of potential to be a part of my production team. Leave your current job and work with me." I offered. "Kyle, I love to work with you, but I can't just leave my life and start a new one with you. I have my family, my dog and my friends that may be affected as soon as I make critical changes like what you are offering." She explained.

Valerie's POV

"How's about you tell me who your employer is?" She asked out of nowhere. "I showed you my work place, wouldn't it be fair if I knew who you work for?" She continued. "Apart form being a freelance photographer, I am also a web editor for the Game Informer Magazine." I told her. "Oh. So that's why you're so into this callback." She said. "It's somehow related to the gaming industry and you're an editor of a game magazine." She elaborated.

"Yeah. I guess so." I said. "Cut!" Direct Pao gestured to the crew and the callback ending the act. "We'll take five and meet up after." Gabby followed through. The crew fixed up the set and took a break. Kyle and I stayed in the booth in silence, when the three assessors walked over to where we were. "Chief, we have agreed to finalize contract with Mr. Wang. As he was able to portray the vision that you had for the main character of our project." Ms. Reed explained. "I approve to this." Kyle nodded in agreement.

"Finish paperworks with all three callbacks and we'll meet you three at the pent after." Kyle instructed and held my hand. I waved goodbye towards the people that we left in the studio. We rode the elevator and arrived at the pent. "Val, I will be hosting a meeting with your employer tomorrow and I would need your permission for me to take your contract from them." Kyle pleaded. "Why do you even want me to work for you? I don't even fit into any of this, into anything that you have. I am worthle-" Her lips met mine, silencing me. I kissed back and she pulled away, "You are not working for me, you are working for your future. You're worth more than everything that I have right now. So, I will support you in any way that I can." She said now using her pleading teal eyes. "Okay." I said. "Thank you for trusting me, Val. You won't regret any of this." She kissed my forehead and we stayed in silence at the pent as we waited for the three assessors.