Part 6- The Note- Sophie

Sophie felt a shiver in her spine when Biana opened the note. She didn't know why, but hearing from Keefe made her nervous. How did he even know they would come looking for him? How did he know where to leave the letter? There were so many questions flooding her head that she didn't even know where to start. 

Biana began to read aloud.

"Dear Sophie, I want you to know that I am safe. I know you are probably worrying, because that's what you do. I know you well, cousin. Just remember, I left to protect you and everyone else I care about, and having me gone is saving you guys from my mother's bad intentions. She would do so many terrible things if she got a hold of the Moonlark, so keep yourself safe. I know things seem bad, but they would be a lot worse if I was there. Trust me. Please Sophie. I know that it is just about impossible to trust me right now, but I beg you to do so. It's for the good of everyone. And Sophie, keep this note to yourself, okay? I can't explain, but I need you to keep this private. Just trust me. Love, Keefe." 

Sophie could barely contain a scream. What had Keefe gotten himself into? And why did he write a note directed  specifically to her? Sophie was thinking and wandering so many things... 

"Sophie?" Biana asked.

"Yes?" Sophie answered.

"I've called your name like a million times! Wake up!" 

"Oh, sorry. What is it?" 

"Uhh... Were you listening to the note? Cause we've got a LOT to talk about," Biana declared.

Sophie shrugged. She could only imagine what Biana was thinking, she was to wrapped up in her own thoughts. She figured it had something to do with Keefe telling her to keep the note private. Sophie herself didn't understand that. It wasn't like he had put any valuable information in there. Unless.... maybe he had. Sophie kept thinking while Biana blabbed a bunch of words at her. She wasn't listening. She hushed Biana.

"Give me the note!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Biana asked. "You realize I'm trying to talk to you, right?"

Sophie mumbled something in response. She started walking towards the gate of the woods, and instructed Biana to follow. Biana questioned her constantly as she paced around. 

Sophie interrupted her questions, "Does Keefe usually call me cousin?"

"Umm.... no, why would he call you cousin?" Biana answered.

"Look, right here. It says 'I know you well, cousin'." 

"OMG! I completely missed that! What does it mean?" Biana asked.

" I think.... it means that this wasn't written by Keefe...." Sophie started. She looked Biana in the eyes. "It was written by Dex."