Chapter Three: Little Things

Aurelia's POV

I started to stir, waking up to the sound of the wind and much more sunlight than I am used to. Then I turn a little more and feel the weight of a comforting and protective arm around my waist. It was weird, I am not used to being touched and for the most part, do not like it. Over the years of being friends with May, she has helped me with that issue by slowly giving me small touches of friendly affection like hugs or a comforting hand to hold. However, it is still odd for me to have someone touch me, especially someone that I do not know. But for some reason, his touch did not bother me as much as it normally does. His did not scare me or make me feel threatened, it made me feel protected and warm.

Besides the nice feelings, I had to get out from under his arm and away from his touch. I slowly moved away from him trying to not wake him, thankfully it worked. I stepped up to look out at the sky and felt the wind hit my face welcoming me to a new day. Sadly today was a day I was not essentially looking forward to because I have to return to The Manor for the summer. I looked over at the boy who was always energetic, loud, and fun, sleeping peacefully and quietly. He looked so serene I could not bring myself to wake him. I knew that I had to go to my room to retrieve my bags to leave Hogwarts, but I did not want to. I did not want to leave the place that for the most place was my safe haven. It had some of my favorite people and I was safe from people like my father and Aunt Bellatrix. I also did not want to leave a new friend that I made just last night. After our hours of talking, I could feel that we could become close friends. He gave me a feeling of safety and steadiness which is something that I do not feel often. So I decided that if I were not going to wake him I should at least leave him a note for when he wakes up.

"Accio quill", I whispered as quietly as I could, "Accio paper."

And soon enough I had the supplies that I needed to write the boy sleeping soundly beside me. So I began to quickly write my note to him.

And with that, I ran down the stairs of the Astronomy tower as fast and quietly as possible making my way down to the dungeons to the Slytherin common rooms. I entered through the large wall and went up the stairs to my dorm room. I made sure that I packed the book that I am currently reading. Then sat on my bed to pet Reggie, he calms my nerves when I feel stressed and the idea of being at home later today sure had my nerves all worked up. I stood up after spending time with Reggie and walked out of my dorm room over to the side where the boy's dormitories were. I walked up the stairs and walked passed Blaize's dorm room. 

The door was slightly open so I peeked inside to see if my best friend was awake, and to my luck, he was wide awake standing at the window of his room that looked into the Black Lake. I tried to quietly walk in without him noticing that I was there so I could scare him. But as soon as I was about to jump up and scare him, without even turning around and looking at me he said, "I know you're there Aurelia." I did not care that he knew I was there, I still jumped on his back making us both burst into laughter while he held me on his back. I finally jumped off and he turned around and looked at me.

"How did you know I was there? I made no noise and I am not even supposed to be on this side there is no way you knew it was me." He gave me a look like I should know better than to sneak up on him which made me smile a little wider than I already was.

"Rori, how long have we been friends now? I can just sense your presence when you come into a room."

It was true, Blaize and I have been inseparable since the first day we met when we were seven years old when we ran into each other in Diagon Alley. I was making a trip with Mum to get some new books for me to read and while looking at the books in a window, a skinny yet fairly tall boy ran right into me knocking me over. I looked over at the boy sitting on the floor who just ran into me and we exchanged some rather dirty looks for two seven-year-olds. But then when we made eye contact for too long we both burst into a fit of laughter so loud that it alerted both our mothers that we were not right by their sides. After that, they came over and went for tea while Blaize and I explored this amazing bookstore in Diagon Alley. Books are one thing that he and I connect with, we both use them as our way to escape our realities and when we were younger we would pick characters to be and pretend we were living their lives. Our parents believe that one day we will get married because of how close we are. And while Blaize and I both find the other attractive we could never be anything more than friends. We relate to each other in ways no one else can and I could never imagine not having my other half in my life. I know that he feels the same way and that just makes our bond that much stronger.