Chapter Five: The Letters

Aurelia's POV
       I was sitting up in the library per usual for when I was at home during breaks. I have been home for about a week now and am already counting the days until I go back to Hogwarts. Draco and I have been spending a lot of time together either outside near the pond or in the library. I usually read while he plays chess with himself. Blaise came over the other day and it was brilliant. He told me about the fun experience he had while going back home to his lovely father who is almost exactly like my father. I believe that is why we bonded so well as children, we both had dads who always made us feel less than. Other than that I have not heard that much from my other friends. Wren is busy catching her parents up on what has been going on since they are muggles and do not get to see our world. I have not met her parents yet due to the fact that they are muggles, however, I plan to sneak into her house for a week during this break.

       I was in the middle of reading when my owl Stella made a noise at the window informing me that she was there. I pet her a little then retrieved the letter from her mouth. There were two letters in her mouth and to my luck they were both from Weasleys. I had received a letter from both Ginny and Fred. I was very surprised and did not think that I would be hearing from them this soon. I figured that Ginny would write me because I felt like we made a connection the night I helped her after her night terror. Fred on the other hand I hoped that he would write to me, but I would not have been surprised if he had not written to me. Seeing his name written on the letter made my heart beat race faster than it was before and I could feel an uncontrollable smile creep onto my face. I was beyond excited to hear from my two new friends. I decided that I should read Ginny's letter first.

Dear Aurelia,
        I was so excited when Freddie told me that you wanted me to write to you. To be honest with you I thought that you would not like me after seeing me the night before we left. I mean I was a total mess. I did not want you to think of me that way. I am not weak and hope that that isn't the impression that you got from me. Thank you by the way for being there for me. I don't know what came over me but that nightmare scared me to bloody death. Having you there really made me feel so much better.
        I hope that once we begin our next year at Hogwarts we could hang out together and do girl things together. I love my brothers but I can't tell him when I like a boy or when something has happened to me without them trying to chop the head off the person who did something to me. I honestly do not know why everyone thinks that you're like your brother. You are so nice and caring and I think more people should know that about you.
       What is your favorite type of cookie? Mum and I are going to be making cookies sometime soon and i want to send you some. Get back to me whenever you can.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 From, Ginny

       Reading Ginny's letter brought me so much joy that I could never really put it into words. She wanted to have a girl talk with me already and we have barely spent any time together. It made my heart fill with so much joy that it could explode. And she wanted to bake cookies for me. No one has ever made cookies, especially for me. I could not bear to open Fred's letter before I responded to Ginny's letter.

Dear Ginny,
        Thank you so much for writing to me. I am so pleased to hear from you. I wish we could have spent more time together before we had to leave for the end of term. I would be so honored to have a girl talk with you. I know the feeling about always having boys around you so I can help with that.
       Your kind words are so special to me. I would not have done that night any differently. Being in your company was delightful and I would love to spend much more time with you once the new year starts. I hope that your first year was everything you wanted it to be and more. When you write me back please tell me everything, I would love to hear about your friends and all the memories that you made. Make sure to tell me about your summer too.
        I do not wish to impose and you do not have to make me cookies, however, my favorite cookies have to be snickerdoodle cookies. Thank you again!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Love, Aurelia L. Malfoy

       After I finished writing my letter back to Ginny I looked over at the coffee table sitting beside my chair and looked at the letter from Fred. His handwriting was much neater than I expected. He reminds me of a chaotic soul and I figured that that would show through his handwriting. However, his handwriting was just the opposite. It looked like he had a very steady hand and that he took his time while he wrote. After staring at his letter for long enough, I decided that it was time that I should open it. I do not completely know why but opening it made me feel anxious but ecstatic all at the same time.

Dear Aurelia,
       You made me laugh when you called me Fredrick. I did not realize that our relationship was so formal. I wished that I could have been awake when you left. I would have liked to talk to you before you left. I enjoyed your company too and think that it would be cool to hang out more once we go back to Hogwarts. You were right. I will be at the Burrow wreaking havoc with George and I will be telling you about the numerous pranks that we are going to do. Once we figure out some more details about our new products I'll be sure to write you and tell you about them. Then, you can tell us if they are good and not us just being kids. Speaking of family Ginny has not stopped talking about her new cool older friend that she made. While she hasn't exactly told everyone, well except Mum, how you two became friends she loves to talk about it. I bet we won't hear the end of it once you write back to her. I agree with you about meeting Mum. I think that she would love you so we will have to make that happen.
      I enjoyed the night in the astronomy tower with you too, but I definitely could have used a pillow. While you had my arm to keep you comfortable I woke up with a crink in my neck and it did not feel good. Once we get back to Hogwarts we should meet up there and hang out to start our new friendship the way we left it off as. I hope to hear from you soon and to hear about your summer plans. Also sorry if it takes a while to respond. Our owl is bloody stupid and we all have to share him.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                -Fred

       Seeing him write that he enjoyed my company made my heart do something that felt like a flip. Then hearing that Ginny could not stop talking about me made me feel so excited for what was going to come of meeting the Weasleys. Not to mention Fred saying that Mrs. Weasley would love me was a feeling that I could not exactly express. I have never heard anything but good things about Mrs. Weasley she sounded like such a wonderful woman with so much kindness and love in her that she shared with anyone who came her way. However, from a few of the howlers that I heard the boys receive I can see where Ginny gets her feistiness from. I realized that Stella was still sitting by the window waiting to send the letters back so I figured that it was time to write Fred back.

Dear Fred,
        I am happy to hear that you and George are having fun pranking your family, but make sure you are still good to Ginny because I will show up at the Burrow to teach you a lesson if you play too big of a prank on her. I can not wait to hear about your big inventions. I highly doubt that they will be anything but brilliant coming from the two of you. Seriously, I have no clue how the two of you come up with some of these ideas you guys are bloody brilliant. I think that one day you will show everyone that the two of you are not just silly pranksters but businessmen.
       Do you think your mom would like me? From what you have told me and what I have heard your mother sounds so lovely and if she liked me it would make my day. I know that your father works at the ministry in the muggle part and I have some things from a muggle friend that i think he would enjoy if he would like them. Apparently your mum and Ginny are making cookies for me. Please if they are going out of their way to make these cookies do not let them. Also please just keep my owl for a little while you and Ginny write back, her name is Stella and she is very low maintenance. She likes to be pet just below her neck and it is no trouble if I need to i will use our family owl. I hope to hear from you soon.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Sincerely, Aurelia L. Malfoy