3

CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊

VALERIA IS IN MY FACE BARELY SECONDS AFTER I CROSSED THE THRESHOLD INTO THE DRESSING ROOM.

“Tell. Me. Everything.” I knew she was excited for me, I hadn’t really mentioned anything having to do with boys, girls, or anything remotely romantic since my last relationship. Today’s encounter had no potential, but Val didn’t need to know that.

“What, no ‘hello, how are you,” I tease as I walk to our assigned vanities. “Glad you got here safe and sound? I hope you enjoyed that sandwich you love so much?”

She rolled her eyes at me, but followed me anyway. I sit down at my designated area, she leaned on the back of my chair. “You know I shouldn’t be in here right now, get on with it before they call for me!” There was no dressing up or makeup for Val, she was part of the tech crew - specifically the group that made sure none of the aerial acts will die from a malfunction in our trapezes. From time to time, she also composed the score for our shows as well.

I shrugged, making eye contact through the mirror. “Nothing really happened, but I guess I'll tell you about him.” 

I give her the run-down, pausing at moments where I needed to concentrate on my makeup. Her eagerness for something “cute” to happen died down after every couple of words. Sure, it was kind of nice of him to walk me to the theatre and ask for my number, but it probably wasn’t going anywhere after that. Even if it did, I’m only here for four more days.

“What was his name? You didn’t even tell me what he looked like!” 

“His name was Timothée, and he was really attractive, Val. Like, this combination of brown hair and green eyes kinda hit different.” Okay, I definitely sounded stupid describing him to her, but with the rest of the chatter and music playing in the room, I was pretty sure no one else could hear our conversation.

Her brows furrowed at my description of him, which made my pause applying my lipstick. She saw my questioning look and started taking out her phone. “Did this Timothée have a really sharp jawline too?” She was correct, but that only made me more skeptical. How did she know of the random New Yorker I just told her about?

I nod slowly, her eyes widening and a grin forming on her lips. “You literally just met Timothée Chalamet!”

“Chala-who?”

“Chalamet!” Still didn’t ring a bell, we never got to last names. She noticed and kept on. “Remember that one movie we pirated on the bus where it was about two gay white dudes in Italy? Call Me By Your Name?”

I racked my brain for two gay white dudes in Italy, the memory of watching it was fuzzy. All I remember was...wait-

“Was that the movie where I woke up to you cracking up over one of ‘em fucking a peach?!” I said the last part a little quieter because I would definitely get some side glances if anyone else heard.