I Need to Diet

Comments and votes are appreciated <3
—-

I went on a diet.

I was sick of feeling like shit every single morning, sick of being in the bathroom for hours on end, sick of being in pain after eating so much.

I was sick of me.

And so, I made a plan. It was simple enough.

The only rule was to eat less.

All of my time was spent in my room, working on schoolwork, exercising, singing, drawing, doing everything to distract myself from food.

And it worked.

It worked! My body started to look thinner! The most noticeable was my face. My round cheeks looked smaller, but that... that doesn't mean much, right?

The scale was what really determined everything.

I stepped on it and held my breath.

I lose weight. A good amount to. A large grin overtook my face. Finally, finally finally! Something worked!

I stepped off the scale and clasped my hands. My feet bounced up and down as I laughed with giddy.

"I lost some weight!" I said to myself. "I finally lost some weight!"

And for the first time as I looked in the mirror, I was genuinely happy.

I just need to continue this a bit more.

The length of the mirror was long. I could see everything and my smile started to get smaller.

I bit my lip, "Maybe...maybe I'll have less oatmeal. And— I'll eat less for dinner..."

I nodded at myself, making some changes to my diet. Taking out a bit more food isn't going to harm me. I'm going to eat regularly after this. It's going to be okay.

I want to lose five pounds this week. It's going to work. It needs to work.

I'll make sure of it.

"Sunny?" a voice said.

I jumped, startled. I whipped my head to the locked door. It sounded like my sister.

"Almost done," I called out, feeling a bit panicked as I watched the scale number disappear.

"Can you help me with the young authors fair?"

I let out a silent groan, "Do I have to?"

"Yes." She said shortly. "You're good at writing and stuff. I need ideas."

I sighed, not in the mood to help. I needed to exercise to burn more calories, so I could lose the weight.

I waved her off as I touched my jaw, "Just go to Google and look for ideas."

"Nope! If you don't come out, I'll rip your Pentagon group poster."

She really does know how to get on my nerves.

I roughly opened the door and gave her an unimpressed look, "Happy now?"

"Very."

"What do you even want to write about? Fantasy? Humor? Romance?" I said, walking to my room.

"Uhh," she rubbed her chin, "Fantasy!"

I frowned, "Just copy off of Harry Potter then."

Lisa narrowed her eyes, "I could still rip your poster."

"You wouldn't dare," I said, making sure my voice was low and harsh.

She looked me dead in the eye and said, "I would."  I did not doubt her.

"I'll give you some chips later to make it up to you—"

Why is everyone bribing me with food? Did I really eat it that much?

"Okay," I said, "but you owe me a favor or something, and no ripping my posters."

She gave me a cheeky smile, "Of course not."

My thoughts shifted to the scale. This is good, helping my sister meant that I won't eat. I'll be busy.

I glanced behind me. The excitement I had over the number lowering was dissolving. I wanted to feel that again.

That happiness when the number lowered.

I almost craved it.