Cornered

Tw: sensitive + nsfw chapter.

(Thanks for reading, voting, commenting ...and being patient! love ya xx)

~
MYKA

At first, everything is silent. Still. Frozen.

The air's thickening, nearly vibrating, the tension making it hard to breathe. My heart races like a drum, as if it's trying to leave by itself and rip out of my chest.
Thump, thump, thump.

I hear the sound of him. Slow and heavy steps over the floor. I know that he knows where I am. There's no way he doesn't hear my body panicking, there's no way he doesn't taste my fear in the air. There's no way.

I know that.

Still, I don't open my eyes. I don't sprint for the door. I don't make a last attempt to flee. I'm paralyzed, like a deer in the headlights, just waiting for the truck to hit me.

Slowly, but surely, he approaches. Step by step coming closer and closer until I feel him behind me, towering menacingly over my hiding place. It's like the air around him has changed, transformed into something darker and more threatening. Like an invincible typhoon whirling around him, sucking everything around in its destructiveness.

"Why do you run from me, Myka?" His voice is low and ice cold, breaking through the tense silence like a sharp knife.

I want to scream because you told me to, but I can't seem to open my mouth, I can't seem to form any sentences. My tongue feels like it's made out of concrete, suffocating me from the inside. It's like I'm stuck in one of those horrible nightmares where it's impossible to move, to run away.
Except that this isn't a dream.

"You're begging for it coming here looking like that, you know that."

I shut my eyes harder and curl into an even smaller ball. Something is wrong with him; off balance. I can sense it now, how it's like a sickness that has spread through his body and slowly taken over him.

Suddenly, a hot breath tickles my shoulder, making my breath hitch in my throat and my my muscles tense up. It feels like the time's moving in slow motion, like an eternity passing before I force my eyes open.

He is there, crouched down, watching me intently with his black bottomless gaze. There's nothing brown left in them anymore, there is no battle of colors, only that cold void staring back at me.

A wave of panic shoots through my body. I want to scream my lungs out -  for help, for anything - but only a muffled sound escapes my lips. A shadow of a smile spreads across his face as our eyes connect, cold and sharp, before his arm reaches out for me under the desk. I try to curl in even more, to move away further in, but there is nowhere to run.

There's no where to run.

His hand grips around my ankle and roughly drags me from out under the desk. My body slides over the floor easily, my hands desperately trying to grip the floor in vain.

"Lucien, wait." I seem to gain power of my cemented tongue again, the new rush of adrenaline unfreezing my brain.

But he doesn't answer. He just grabs my arms and lifts me up to my feet, as if I'm some worthless ragdoll. Backing me into the desk, he then spins me around. I can feel his heavy hand between my shoulder blades, pushing me body down, forcing me to bend over. With my palms pressed against the desk, I hold myself up to prevent my face from slamming into the wooden surface.

"Tell me, Myka. Do you miss your boyfriend?" He says scornfully as he lets a finger - a claw - trail along the side of my thigh, up under my robe."Is this how he touches you?"