Chapter 3

TRIGGER WARNING- THIS CHAPTER WILL INCLUDE EATING DISORDERS AND ANXIETY ATTACKS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. YOU ARE LOVED.

DISCLAIMER-NOT ALL INFORMATION I INCLUDE ABOUT THERAPY/MENTAL ILLNESSES IN HERE IS 100 PERCENT ACCURATE. PLEASE DO RESPECTIVE RESEARCH IF YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE NEEDS THERAPY AND/OR MIGHT HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS!

-

To Hermione's dismay, Dr. Carol Griffiths forced her to attend the communication skills exercise as her before-lunch activities to aid in her social interaction with others.

Luna, Theo, and Blaise chose to attend therapeutic games, leaving Hermione alone. She went left through the door she entered earlier and followed the signs that were to lead her to Recreational Room B, where the communication skills activity was being held.

On the walk over, Hermione was dreading attending this activity; she already knew how to communicate.

This is bloody ridiculous.

I can communicate completely fine.

After a brief walk, she arrived at two white, metal doors that opened into a room almost the size of a decent ballroom. The nurses were putting out chairs in sets of two that were facing each other. There was a group of patients huddled over in a group near the right wall. Hermione started walking over to try to blend in.

Didn't quite work.

The fellow patients were chattering amongst themselves. When they noticed Hermione walking over, their chatters fell silent and whispers began to grow. She could unfortunately overhear some of the whispers.

'Look at her; she is acting somewhat normal.'

'I wonder how much medication they loaded her up with.'

'She isn't a lunatic today.'

Knowing she was presently the center of attention, Hermione forced herself to mentally check out. She couldn't deal with the whispers and stares. Why were they judging her? They are in the same exact place with her.

The activity flew by quickly, Hermione barely paying attention and participating. The activity was something similar to speed dating. Each person had thirty seconds to say their name, age, and a favorite hobby while maintaining good eye contact and smiling. The partner had to practice active listening. Each time it was Hermione's turn, she would vacantly stare at her partner out of spite, merely counting the seconds till they had to switch.

After the activity, Hermione still forced herself to be checked-out. Everything went by in a blur. Hermione felt as if she wasn't even there for most of her day, as if she was observing herself from outside her body. She didn't care. At least she couldn't feel.

Her mind snapped out of it by dinner time when she heard Theo and Blaise arguing about an idiotic topic.

"I merely believe that if I were a girl, I would have nicer tits and a bigger arse than you," Blaise said arrogantly while shoving a spoonful of mashed potatoes into his mouth.

"You wish, your tits would probably sag to the bloody floor." Theo snapped back. "If I were a woman, I would have nice, round, and plump tits." he paused, gesturing with his hands. He looks over towards Hermione. "Almost like Hermione's," he said as his mouth curled into a mischievous grin.

Luna slapped him.

"Don't you both have any pleasanter topics to discuss?" Luna questioned. She turned herself to face Hermione.